We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I find this script?? Topic | Forum

shpedro
shpedro Aug 20 '10
we could have a section for free scripts the we find in the internet.

What you guys say?
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 20 '10
Agree. Just create a topic with the script as an attachment.
(I wud make sure you attach a disclaimer so peeps dont attack you for a site breaking)

I also think it wud be good to add in little hacks etc you find...
Like, changing the admin to another acount (done this but not fully tested)
remove the need for email verification (but opens the site to spamming)

Also gives the developers a chance to respond and shout or praise or giggle as we break stuff!
Den Team
Den Aug 20 '10
Not sure about "Free scripts" section. We have created "Oxwall store" for such thing :) Developers can integrate different scripts or creates new features as plugins, post and sell them there.

@MichaelK
Good idea. Just one thing: the real bug reports must be addressed to But reports sections. And we will do our best to control it.

P.S. Section was already created ;)
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 20 '10
@Addenster, I understand tghe bug report bit but if we tinker at our own peril best it would be bad to call this a bug. More like tinkering hands...
Bug reports for ox related errors
This site for us tinkering with the engine outside of the normal ox installation. The only bug will be our tinkering fingers.

What Shpedro is talking about is non oxwall developed script stuff. Little gems that work. If they are very good and useful then yes, they should be dumped in the oxwall store but until the ox team do that people wont get to use em so if we dump them here (or wherever) we can test and play and suggest to ox if they are indeed worthy of store inclusion.

Us mere mortals will probably try implementing html code, not a plugin. We leave that to smarter peeps! If a code can be pluginised (my new word for the day) the cool!

Section created? Where??
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 20 '10
crap! Just saw it!
(Sneaky)
Asshu
Asshu Aug 27 '10

Quote from shpedro

What you guys say?

I can make it
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 24 '11
Advertise here! That's how opensource works!
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 16 '11
>Advertise here! That's how opensource works!

Really? So finally you are considering Oxwall forum as an advertising plat-farm.

Please don't make any statement out of your scope
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 16 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 16 '11
I am only trying to get other developer/programmers/experts to ADVERTISE their skills here as well as Wall.fm. To encourage more into the oxwall community.

Following the thread of the topic I think that would have been made obvious. Bob is looking to steer people to his wall.fm site for code development and offered the suggestion for a site dedicated to it. We already have a forum dedicated to Oxwall so I was suggesting to use the forum here. So, me wanting to see more people embrace oxwall and contribute to the community... That IS in my scope!

To explain further, if someone is a guru in php and oxwall themes, please ADVERTISE their skills here and help the community.

If you are taking it in the context of just random people here promoting their site for monetary gain then not my intention. Opensource works by the community helping and contributing to the project making tweaks, adjustments etc and sharing.

And apologies to anyone who did pick up my intentions wrong.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 18 '11
>To explain further, if someone is a guru in php and oxwall themes, please ADVERTISE their skills here and help the community.

Thee can help others by answering questions, helping with Hacks, Providing plugins/themes and customizations . But be noted that there is no section for " Advertise Skills " or " Self-Promote " or post " Affiliate links "

That discourages a real volunteer who help other without expecting monetary profit

Quote from shpedro

As per the OP ... He/She just suggesting to post links to external scripts. But that's barely out of the community's scope. So that can't be done at a forum/community(here ) which is specified to a particular source.
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 18 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 18 '11
No to affiliate! Agreed,

Good point to the script section, better they engage in the forum instead of directing people away from the site.

Replace the word "Advertise" to "announce" or "inform" or "introduce".

Quote from message
Thee can help others by answering questions, helping with Hacks, Providing plugins/themes and customizations . But be noted that there is no section for " Advertise Skills " or " Self-Promote " or post " Affiliate links "

That discourages a real volunteer who help other without expecting monetary profit

I am afraid that the Oxwall market allows for this. People advertise there.

But I agree completely, People should VOLUNTEER help and never demand monetary compensation! We need the community up and running.
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jul 18 '11
Raj
Raj Mar 11 '12
where Plugin store data in website? I want to open data file and add more data in.