We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

There should be a report owner for plugin creators that dont deliver support | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Brien
Brien Jan 31 '13
I am so tired of buying plugins finding out they dont work and the plugin creators do not help

I bought 2 rss feed plugins 1 didnt even deliver the plugin and the other refuses to answer emails ........

not right to ignore a customer Oxwall is there something we as customers or the developers can do to add this to the plugin page ?

Brien
Brien Jan 31 '13
really every plugin should at least have a how to associated with it am I right ?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 31 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Brien,

If this is anything related to me or my plugins, please let me know.
Brien
Brien Feb 1 '13
no Aron

and another guy

Brien
Brien Feb 1 '13
was actually going to purchase your rss feed now lol
Brien
Brien Feb 1 '13
@

Purusothaman Ramanujam

I see your all over here helping I didnt know you had one would bout that strait out lol
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Brien for confirmation and your kind words. :)
Brien
Brien Feb 1 '13
:-)
Bob (Coder Whacker)
There should be a report owner for plugin creators that dont deliver support!

Yes I totally agree and those developers that do support their product should back this up to the hilt. Because basically at present this effects them as their clients think they may have the same problems and are very wary. There is a very necessary requirement for quality control this means thorough testing and total approval from Oxwall.

Brien
Brien Feb 1 '13
exactly ... I mean I totally understand that its open source code but lets be professional :-)
Bob (Coder Whacker)
It saddens me yes its open source and some of these plugin developers thing they are above the law on this issue of selling their services in creating these plugin's. There are legal issues here Oxwall knows it and has legal wavers concerning this sort of thing. Basically someone will eventually get very annoyed and seek legal attribution. Its a mad world out and there are some that will sue on the principle of even spending US$1 for the cost of time it caused to try to get the thing working.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Well I am starting to do reviews and I rather hope Emil will listen to me concerning the bad plugins and the total lack of care of some plugin developers to support their plugin. As I am gathering more evidence to back my argument on this factor I have started a report topic on Code Whacker those that wish can post their complaint there. As at the moment nothing is heard or listen to here at present.   
Den Team
Den Feb 10 '13
Brien,

If you take a deal with a developer who doesn't support their items and ignores any requests, then contact our moderation team at Contact Us page. Provide the team with details and they will do the best to sort it. 

Just take a note, you are not alone here.

Brien
Brien Feb 10 '13
thx much Ive sorted it out with paypal already but its a shame that that the only time these two responded is when their paypal accounts were put on hold ....... 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 10 '13
Yea Id say if there are any issues and a developer doesnt respond within 3 or 4 days then just go get your money back from paypal.  If this happens 3 or 4 times then paypal will close thier account and they wont have the option to sell plugins anymore.
damien frost
damien frost Feb 10 '13
Why not post who they were so we don't encounter the same problem?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 10 '13

Quote from damien frost Why not post who they were so we don't encounter the same problem?

reporting to paypal will be a permanent solution. but I agree  
Brien
Brien Feb 10 '13
#1 was RSS feed (+SITEMAP GENERATOR) - Oxwall 1.5. Ready!  by aron

#2 was RSS feed to Auto Post Topics on Social Media Sites  by GamingCribs
Brien
Brien Feb 10 '13
wasnt until I bought my 3rd plugin that It actually worked like it was supposed to and

Purusothaman Ramanujam was there to help as well.....
Pages: 1 2 3 »