We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Disinfecting camera gear with an ozone generator | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alex
Alex Sep 12 '23
Morning.  Would you happen to know if I could use an ozone generator to disinfect my camera gear?  Or would that potentially harm the electronics of the camera?
gua dalupe
gua dalupe Sep 12 '23
Just wash your hands before handling you camera. Those machines can be pretty tough.
MaisieRowe
MaisieRowe Sep 12 '23
I noticed your question about disinfecting camera gear, and even though the thread is a couple of years old, it's still relevant given the ongoing importance of hygiene and safety.
Using an ozone generator for disinfection can be effective in some contexts, but when it comes to camera equipment, there are still concerns about potential harm to the electronics. Over time, ozone exposure might affect delicate components.
To get the most up-to-date information and recommendations, you might want to explore recent discussions or check out resources like www.damagecontrol-911.com. Staying informed about safe and effective cleaning methods for your camera gear is essential, and it's always better to err on the side of caution.
The Forum post is edited by MaisieRowe Sep 12 '23