We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

Alexandru
Alexandru Mar 22 '11
"Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files." Can enybodu help with this? I put right FTP dates but have this mesage!
The Forum post is edited by Alexandru Mar 22 '11
Den Team
Den Mar 22 '11
Hi
This message means that system can't overwrite files with FTP user you provided. This user doesn't have enough permissions.
Alexandru
Alexandru Mar 22 '11
How can I change this situation?
Den Team
Den Mar 23 '11
You need to point the same FTP user which you did use for uploading oxwall to your hosting.
Alan
Alan Feb 19 '12
And what if we didn't even need to use FTP in the first place like me? I AM my own host so does this mean I have to manually update all the time?

I mean I use XAMPP and my PC without any free or paid host so I didn't need to use FTP or anything like that?
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 24 '12
The only option for XAMPP is updating plugins manually. The option with creating an FTP connection with your local server seems to be more pain than gain.
sezar
sezar Jul 4 '12
im having the same problem i put my ftp info and it said "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files."
how we can fix this manually? and what addenster means by ( You need to point the same FTP user which you did use for uploading oxwall to your hosting ) how we point the ftp user?
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 9 '12
You can set owner to all files and folders by executing the chown command via SSH. Contact your hosting company if you don't know how to do that.
Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Dec 6 '12
I have the permissions, I login to the same server with the same credentials and I can delete or change any file on that folder.. I previously changed all the owners to this ftp user and also given 777 access to all of the files recursively..

But still this damn thing does not work... 

Purusothaman Ramanujam
This is the most common issue with FTP here in Oxwall.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '12
Murat, can you send me (PM) FTP access details to your site so that we can check the issue?
Amoka Abdulmutalib
Amoka Abdulmutalib Dec 23 '12

When i want update my website software version it show me this: Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.

pls some one should help me

Alia Team
Alia Dec 25 '12
Amoka, did you use FTP user which you did use for uploading oxwall to your hosting?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 25 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Joyraj
Joyraj Feb 6 '13
I'm having the same problem. Please help me.
Andy
Andy Feb 10 '13
I am also having the same issues. Could I ask those who are posting here if they installed Oxwall via SimpleScripts?

The Forum post is edited by Andy Feb 10 '13
Laxmikant Bhumkar
Laxmikant Bhumkar Feb 12 '13
CLUE for Debugging: This situation happens when connection requires explicit FTP over TLS. Means Oxwall supports only FTP, SFTP connection type but not TLS support. 
Alia Team
Alia Feb 13 '13
Andy, I have come across this issue on my own Oxwall installation and it happened when I used http://hostnamehere.com:2082/ instead of "localhost".

Can you confirm that you used "localhost"?
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 15 '13
I have the same issue, i didnt use FTP to install plug ins or oxwall and i used "localhost" please help
I used simplescripts / softculous to install...everything worked fine for 2 days then i started getting this error.
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Mar 15 '13
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Mar 15 '13
How does one open up the whole site content to 777 permission ?
Pages: 1 2 »