We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - Group Cover | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Feb 11 '13
Feel free to post suggestions here.
Michael W
Michael W Feb 21 '13
Hello, 

I think that the price should be reduced, as this is a relativity simple plugin. Some plugins on this website which ive purchased do allot more than this one but cost less, at just $5.

Thanks

Michael D

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Feb 22 '13
Hello Michael,

We have recently discussed the same question with Eddie Hughes. I explained him why the price is $15. Please read the conversation - http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8769
Michael W
Michael W Feb 22 '13
Couldn't you reduce the price to $5 or 10 ?
D.S
D.S May 19 '13
add the size for admin user... even for me its difficult to redimention
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 20 '13
D.S.

Admin can change the size of group covers in the widget settings ( Cover height ). 

Could you explain the request more detailed.

D.S
D.S May 20 '13

all the picture i uploaded are cutted at the top and the bottom... 

i tried 400x250 and 250x400 but still cutted at the bottom and the top

so i just ask the perfect size to have the whole picture in the cover

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 20 '13
It depends on your site width and the "Cover height" setting of the widget. For example, on my demo site ( demo.oxpro.org ) the image size should be 780x290 to fit the cover without scaling. In other cases the plugin will scale the picture to fit the cover size. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Oct 31 '13
I have bought plugins from a majority of developers here in the Oxwall store. My opinion of most of their work is, at best, "just ok, sometimes quite amateur, not well-thought out".

But virtually every plugin I have bought from Sergey Kambalin I find to be far more well-thought-out, light on load, highly professional, and every plugin I have bought from Sergay has WORKED PERFECTLY RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Sergey's development skill seem to me to be far more advanced than most of the developers here. 

I feel very confident now in buying his plugins. I hope he continues to develop more plugins. I think his price is fair, because he has more skill, and I don't feel I'm taking a risk buying his plugins. Because when I buy a plugin, I want it to work right away. And that is exactly what happens when I buy Sergey's plugins.

I don't want to have to wait for a developer to come and screw around with my site trying to fix what he should have fully tested and fixed before putting his plugin up for sale here. There's nothing more inconvenient and hair-pull-frustrating than having to wait and figure out what's wrong with a plugin you paid money for. I find that HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL, IRRESPONSIBLE, UNRELIABLE, and just plain inconvenient. 

Sergey, please keep developing great and professional and reliable functioning plugins. I find them to be worth every penny you charge, simply because they are clean, integrate perfectly, and work instantly out of the box.  
Onur
Onur Oct 3 '15
maybe one block for groups videos, and photos. i will buy it.
The Forum post is edited by Onur Oct 3 '15
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Jun 7 '17
Any way to place uploaded cover images somewhere else beside in the photo album because they showing up under the Album page?
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic