We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Compatibility of Oxwall with Intel Evo Laptops - Any Known Issues? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Melissa Hankins
Melissa Hankins Oct 25 '23

Hello Oxwall Developers Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently acquired an Intel Evo laptop and have been running Oxwall on it. While the experience has been generally positive, I wanted to open a discussion regarding the compatibility of Oxwall with Intel Evo laptops and if there are any known issues.

Here are some specific points I'd like to address and would appreciate your input on:

Display Scaling: Have you noticed any display scaling issues on Intel Evo laptops that affect the Oxwall user interface?

Touch and Pen Support: How well does Oxwall work with touch and pen input on Intel Evo laptops, especially for those developing plugins with interactive features?

Performance: Are there any performance bottlenecks or resource utilization concerns specific to Oxwall on Intel Evo laptops?

Battery Life: Have you observed any excessive battery drain when using Oxwall on Intel Evo laptops, and are there any strategies to optimize this?

Compatibility with Evo Platform Features: Does Oxwall make use of Intel Evo platform features like instant wake, faster connectivity, and longer battery life?

Browser Compatibility: Any issues with specific web browsers on Intel Evo laptops when accessing Oxwall, and any workarounds?

High-Resolution Displays: How does Oxwall handle high-resolution displays on Intel Evo laptops, and is there support for Retina/HiDPI screens?

Operating System Version: Are there differences in Oxwall compatibility based on the version of the operating system running on Intel Evo laptops?

I believe this discussion will not only help Intel Evo laptop users but also guide Oxwall developers in ensuring the platform's compatibility and performance on these new devices.

Your insights and experiences are invaluable. Please share any known issues or solutions you've come across. Thank you in advance for your contributions!