We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What Happens if? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 12 '13
Lets say you have 1000 plus users, and you do a mass mail to your users. With out knowing there is a 500 per mailing hour limit on your host server?

In my opinion only 500 messages are sent out even though the mass mail run states 1000 plus messages have been sent. That the mass mailing system does not throw up a warning that only 500 messages have been sent?

I suggest if this is true then some developers may need to talk to their hosts to up the limit of message being allowed to be sent. Would I be right? 

Purusothaman Ramanujam
You are right. In many cases, the extra emails will not be delivered when it crosses server limit.

In general in my experience, hosts wont increase the limit unless you have dedicated email service from your host.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Thanks for the confirmation.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
In most cases, your account may be suspended if more emails were send in a short period of time, considering as spam.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 12 '13
Good Information. Guess 2500 people have been left out of the loop. :(  Thanks for the good info guys!
Bob (Coder Whacker)
That I do know and my client is aware of the fact and is not into sending mass mail out to often just once a week if that. Thanks for the reminder.

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Your welcome

DeFender
DeFender Feb 12 '13
need code for sending mass mail with adjustible intervals .
Bob (Coder Whacker)
What do you mean in batches of 500 or so or the total batch?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Could be the an idea for a new plugin?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe as per some earlier forum discussion, Oxwall sends some limited emails per hour based on its cron. Not sure what's that limit.
SL
SL Feb 12 '13
If we use a dedicated server or VPS, how to increase the mailing limit....? so the mass mailing system will send all messages?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 13 '13
Its best to have a dedicated VPS server. Most shared servers are limit and set to 500 emails per hour.

My clients host can not up the 500 limit.

As I said the factor could lead to an idea for a new plugin. Or even better a change in the Mass mailing system by Oxwall. Set numbers of mail going out hourly 400 per batch maybe?

SL
SL Feb 13 '13
Bob, Could you point me where i can edit this in WHM panel?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Not hot on this as I have not got a VPS server but this documentation I am sure will be helpful  http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/WhmEmail
SL
SL Feb 13 '13
Thank You very much
Save the Bookmark
The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 13 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
your welcome
SL
SL Feb 13 '13
I am not sure if mysite mass mailing system.... send all messages....but i am going to learn about this topic and the link you gave me thank you bob..GTranslated
Jacq
Jacq Feb 13 '13
Purus this plugin is waiting for you.  Hourly intervals!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe this is already in the core cron. Let someone from the Oxwall team confirm it.
Pages: 1 2 »