We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sub website | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Oliver
Oliver Feb 14 '13
A while ago I tried running some separate HTML pages in a sub folder.When I tried to access them from the front end oxwall took over and said that the path didn't exist instead of leading me to them.

Is there anyway of hosting a website as well as Oxwall on the same server.

suresh kumar
suresh kumar Feb 14 '13
you have to edit your .htaccess file for you to visit the other subfolders and files
Oliver
Oliver Feb 14 '13
Quote from suresh kumar you have to edit your .htaccess file for you to visit the other subfolders and files
Is there a guide somewhere that might help? 
Pete
Pete Feb 14 '13

Just set up a sub domain ,the edit your htacces file and add

writeCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/your sub domain folder name/

Then  iframe the main index page in your subdomain folder onto a oxwal page ,thats the best way to do this.

Mary Jane Quirante
Mary Jane Quirante Feb 15 '13
Quote from Oliver Is there anyway of hosting a website as well as Oxwall on the same server.

If your hosting provider allow it, yes. Mine does. I have three different websites including Oxwall installed on the same hosting.
Oliver
Oliver Feb 15 '13
Quote from Mary Jane Quirante
Quote from Oliver Is there anyway of hosting a website as well as Oxwall on the same server.

If your hosting provider allow it, yes. Mine does. I have three different websites including Oxwall installed on the same hosting.

I knew its possible to do this but oxwall has effects on the sub directories of the server so it doesn't always work. Hopefully this htaccess thing will work
Mary Jane Quirante
Mary Jane Quirante Feb 15 '13
Quote from Oliver I knew its possible to do this but oxwall has effects on the sub directories of the server so it doesn't always work. Hopefully this htaccess thing will work

I had this problem before. I installed an e-commerce script in mysite.com/directoryname but the main directory mysite.com is still available for installation. Then, I installed Oxwall in mysite.com. It worked fine. Two website in the same domain only in different directories. But I removed the installation of the e-commerce script because I wanted to replace it to something else. My problem started. Softaculous said installation was successful but every time I opened the link, my oxwall site took over and said that "page cannot be found." So I bought a new domain and create an addon domain. I installed it there successfully. Now, its working well..Good luck on your .htaccess thing. :)