We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

updating from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 | Forum

Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 15 '13
What is the best way to do it? Do I have to uninstall 1.4.1 or I can just update it and how?
Pete
Pete Feb 15 '13
Before you do anything make sure you back up your database . You should see a message in your admin to update your website to 1.5  . There as been alot of problems with people updateing ,you might be wise to deactivate (do not remove) your plugins ,then when you do the upgrade activate them one by one ,some mods might not work once you update .You do not need to remove 1.4 just update it in your admin
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 15 '13
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 15 '13
Thanks Pete. I have to say that I'm new to all this and i have almost no knowledge in that kind of stuff.... when u say in my admin , u mean directly on my site? Thanks for ur help.
Pete
Pete Feb 15 '13

You need to log into your oxwall admin to update your oxwall .You need to log into your control panel of your hosting provider to back up your database first. Be warned alot of websites that have been updated have had lots of problems with there update.