We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

More Info On G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes AAA Video Game | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paige
Paige Nov 9 '23

Atomic Arcade Studio GM & Creative Director Ames Kirshen has broken the silence on the upcoming AAA video game based on Snake Eyes.

Some of the highlights:

“There are many points of inspiration for the edgier and more mature take on the G.I. Joe Universe we are developing with this new Snake Eyes-led game. Inspirations that span every major form of entertainment.

The original G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero comic by Larry Hama and the associated animated series and toy line from the early 1980s was my introduction to the IP, so it all starts with the initial impression they all had on me.

In terms of more contemporary versions of G.I. Joe, I really like what Devil’s Due and IDW have done with their more contemporary characterizations and storylines in the G.I. Joe comics they respectively published over the past 20 + years, and we have drawn inspiration from both lines.

With that said, the biggest G.I. Joe specific influence on our game is the 2009 Animated Movie G.I. Joe Resolute, and I encourage anyone who hasn’t heard of it or seen it to check it out.”

“On the video game front, the team and I look to modern military/paramilitary based game franchises that have made a lasting impression on our team as well as core and mass gamers. Such as the Metal Gear Solid franchise, The Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Ghosts titles, and the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon and The Division games, to name just a few. Additionally, we are also inspired by recent sword focused, melee combat games such as Sekiro, Ghost Of Tsushima and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.”

“Well I can’t go into detail on a majority of the elements of our game that I am most excited about as they would spoil too much. But what I will say is one of the main reasons we choose to lead with Snake Eyes for the first game is that if you strip away all of the G.I. Joe IP specific elements, at his core Snake Eyes is half deadly Ninja and half elite Spec Ops Military Commando. We believe the combination of those abilities and associated tools that Snake has in his tool chest make for a very compelling and unique video game protagonist for anyone who enjoys AAA action/adventure games.”

Alex Marks
Alex Marks Nov 9 '23
I love Snake Eyes, I do. But while he has plenty of advantages from a gameplay perspective, he’s dull as fricking ditchwater as protagonists go. Never speaks, just stand there and nod, no family, less than a half dozen pals.

Hell, let’s be honest here: all the cool characters that would be fun to play are with Cobra. Storm Shadow, Firefly, Zartan, Zarana, the Dreadnoks. A host of conflicting viewpoints, abilities and motivations, and able to express them.
Claudette Leanna
Claudette Leanna Nov 9 '23
The Atomic Arcade Studio GM & Creative Director spilled the beans on some exciting details.
From the sounds of it, they're drawing inspiration from various sources, including the original '80s comics and animated series, as well as more contemporary G.I. Joe interpretations. They've also taken cues from other games like Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, and even recent melee combat games.
As for Snake Eyes himself, he's shaping up to be a unique protagonist, blending deadly ninja skills with elite military commando expertise.
And if you're still on the hunt for more info, why not try a yes or no tarot reading?