We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

Den Team
Den Nov 10 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
David Maupin
David Maupin Nov 14 '11
I continue to have the same problem I can connect using WinSCP with my credentials but it won't work through Oxwall I keep getting the message "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files." does anyone have any advice. I'm using version 1.2.6 and I have tried port 21 and 22, along with several different usernames and passwords all of which I can use with other FTP clients.
David Maupin
David Maupin Nov 14 '11
I believe it is a related problem that i can not change settings in the language area, and my user files aren't available when I attempt to use the cloud for static files. I used softaculous for the original install, though i tried a manual install which went fine, but still no FTP access or ability to change language settings or use the cloud.
Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Dec 6 '12
This is really stupid..

There are 100s of web pages for this same problem but no solution..

And I am still having the exactly same problem...

I have run chmod -R 777 from the root... But no help... 

Radha
Radha Nov 26 '13
I have same problem. I have given Right ( master FTP ) to upgrade. Still not able to find solutions. 

Error "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files.
Khong Le
Khong Le Nov 30 '13
Dear all,

I'm also facing the same problem "Invalid FTP attributes". I read articles which related to this issue. But I don't see an offered solution. 

Could you share a way to pass this issue? 

Thank you very much

Regards,

TK

Alia Team
Alia Dec 2 '13
Please PM me your FTP access details, we will be glad to check why this is happening on your site.
Pedro Machado
Pedro Machado May 27 '14

The Oxwall ftp function duplicates the root directory, something like this: 

/var/www/mysite/var/www/mysite/ow_core 

So you have this error. To fix it do this: 

1 Open the file /ow_utilities/ftp.php 

2 Change the line 63 to $dirRoot = '/' 

Another option would be to change the site root directory to /, but I do not know where it is recorded that variable.

ross Team
ross May 27 '14
Pedro have you done any changes in this ftp.php and index.php file before that duplicated root directory started to happen?

Because $dirRoot is a constant seems like there's some concatenation going on.

Pedro Machado
Pedro Machado May 27 '14

Hello Ross. 

I made no changes to the file. I installed Oxwall normally, but when trying to update the plugins this error occurred.

Then I saw that it was trying to create a test folder in the directory ow_core, but was duplicated root folder: /var/www/var/www. ;

I searched the functions they performed the FTP connection and found this. 

I think the problem occurs because during installation the system identifies as the root folder /var/www/ and when the FTP sends the command to create it sends: MKDIR + "root folder" + "folder to be created", but the variable that stores "folder to be created" already has the root folder (/var/www). 

This error only occurred in my installation in a virtual machine (LAMP), on the server hosting the installation gave no problem.

Pages: « 1 2