We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

People and money | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
idayrare corded Nov 17 '23

I didn’t know what to make the title but that basically sums it up haha. 

So for work I work for Loomis as a “money man” as everyone seems to call me at job sites. I deliver and pick up money from banks and stores as well as service ATMs doing replenishments and deposit pulls at certain ones. 

The way people act at ATMs while I’m servicing them never ceases to amaze me.  When doing drive up ATMs we have to take the cassettes out and bring them to the truck or we are inside a kiosk that holds the ATM. Every week I get people who drive either around my truck jumping the curb or back in from the exit and try accessing the ATM and they get all ticked off that it’s down because I’m working on it. The other week had a guy all irate and angry he stormed into the branch and was chewing them out because I was blocking the atm. 

Then theirs the people who come into the bank when I’m doing the ATM in the branch and I hear and see them over the surveillance cameras while I’m in the room behind the ATM doing my thing trying to use it when the screen is either black or says “out of order” then I can watch them walk in and talk to the girl in front pointing to the ATM and complain. 

Then this week I had to do what’s called a deinstall on ATMs in several Walgreens on the first of the month which was awesome planning on their part. During deinstalls we take all the money out and lock the safes open so they can work on it or replace it. I went back today to put them back in service and had to store clerks and managers tell me people were still trying to use it when I left the safe open and power turned off they then got mad at the store for it being down. 

It’s just crazy how oblivious people are today when it comes to things especially when it comes to getting their money. People who drive over the curb and around my truck to get to the ATM are probably the most entertaining though I’ve had a few blow tires out or smash their mirrors trying to get between the truck and either the building or pillars holding the roof over the ATMs never hit the truck shockingly though. 

Then of course there’s all the people who ask if I’m handing out free samples if I’m doing the ATM in a store. 

I know some of y’all have probably seen us in your area servicing banks, stores and atms. Hopefully not being like the people I described other than asking for samples that’s just humorous. 

Alex
Alex Nov 17 '23
People never cease to amaze me. I do underground infrastructure construction and we regularly put out road cones for safety reasons. The amount of cones I’ve seen hit by people and even ran over and dragged down the road is insane!
Rylee Davenport
Rylee Davenport Nov 18 '23
Your post cracked me up! It's mind-boggling how people act around ATMs. Your stories are wild! The drive-over-the-curb maneuver must be the most ""creative"" attempt to get cash. Kudos for keeping your cool through it all! It's like folks forget basic ATM etiquette once they see a truck nearby.The ""free samples"" question at stores while you're working—hilarious! People's optimism is gold. By the way, speaking of cash, have you ever tried those cash app games? They're quite the fun distraction when things get a bit too crazy. Just stumbled upon them and thought they might be a riot for some light-hearted moments amidst the ATM chaos!