We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

MySQL Server Load Issue | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
My hosting provider is telling me that there are lot of sql processes running due to the SQL queries which are not getting killed automatically. SQL queries take more than the allowed execution time.

Due to this the my hosting account  and all its domain gets down often.

Jan 31 15:30:34 md-40 mkill[27272]: killed: thread_id: 1201879     user: iyaffxpe_oxdemo     host: localhost     db: iyaffxpe_oxdemo     cmd: Sleep     time: 18

Feb 18 05:24:02 md-40 mkill[25482]: killed: thread_id: 16656380     user: iyaffxpe_oxtest     host: localhost     db: iyaffxpe_oxtest     cmd: Sleep     time: 17

This is getting really serious as all my actual live domains also get down often and should contact the support to kill the zombie process.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
When I enabled the profiler, it shows me that even for a simple page, there are more than 150 SQL queries running.. Some has been executed multiple times..

Looks very strange. Does anyone face the same issue?
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Feb 18 '13
ben
ben Feb 18 '13
Experienced high server load but im not looking into the issue just restart it. only 10-20 user online my hoster says concurent connection 200-250? is this normal?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
No. My host also same the same. My site is the demo site that I use for my plugins. Its not the live site. But still the server gets high load.
Unique
Unique Feb 18 '13
Could you tell me where I can get this information on Cpanel/WHM?
thank you
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Check with your hosting provider to get the database log.
Unique
Unique Feb 18 '13
I use my own server....?
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Unique Check with your hosting provider to get the database log.

If you are not aware how to get the log, contact your hosting provider.
Unique
Unique Feb 18 '13
Oh...thank You..
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I see that there are rows inserted to ow_base_theme_control table many times. Why its required to insert these theme data to table every time and for every page refresh?
Alia Team
Alia Feb 20 '13
Purusothaman, thank you for the report.
Can you give us more detailed information? Like which process cause this?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It has been said by my host that MYSQL process should be optimized. It take more time and lot of SQL are being used. But at the end, some of them are not purged. They have no particular information about which process caused this.

My basic question is that, why SQLs related to theme are being executed for every page without using cache?