We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't connect through Proxy | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Paige
Paige Nov 27 '23
Hello! First of all I'd like to say, that before writting this I did read a few topics from this forum, connected with the same issue. Especially "NT8 behind corporate proxy". Unfortunately, I followed all the recommendations from them and haven't succeeded( Here is my case:

I'm from Russia, so I have to use proxy for NT8 because otherwise it won't work. I set up and tested a HTTP-proxy from the USA. I use Sock cap 64 and (as Tburg10 kindly reccomended) - switched the .exe file into "Run as administrator" regime.

Now I log in normally but then, when I try to connect via "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" (I follow the Apextrading's instruction and use credentials I received from them) I receive an error:

"Unable to connect: (11);
Raised in: com.omnesys.omne.om.OMLogger
Method: OMLogger
Error: no handle (Logon failed)"

I tried to swich proxy into the Socks regime - and in that case the error is changing to different one:

"Please check your account connection parameters and internet connection. (Logon failed)"

Please! Help me with this trouble. Can't solve it by myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	103
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1264347
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1264348​​
Dean
Dean Nov 28 '23
 I feel your struggle with the proxy connection—it can be a real head-scratcher! Have you checked if your proxy supports the specific requirements of "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage"? Sometimes, it's those tiny details that slip through. Also, any chance your firewall is playing hard to get? In that case, you could also try py s5 proxy. Keep your chin up; we'll get you trading smoothly soon!
The Forum post is edited by Dean Nov 28 '23