We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 404 - Not Found | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Evelyne
Evelyne Feb 20 '13
My OxWall has 'disappeared'. All files are there, but when I try to access it, all I get is this error message

Does anyone know why?

Error 404 - Not FoundThe requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Evelyne
Evelyne Feb 20 '13
has it ever happened to anyone????
Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13
check your config file and make sure your setting to the db or correct ,etc
Evelyne
Evelyne Feb 20 '13
I haven't changed anything... and just in case, I double-checked. Everything is as it was and should be... :(

But your tip reminded me to investigate the error log. It was saying the same thing, that there was no index.php file. Then I checked the root path again and guess what: my OxWall is installed inside a folder, not directly into the root. And the path was pointing to the root.

Once I inserted the folder in the .htaccess file, everything went back to normal.

What is still a complete mystery to me is why the .htaccess was changed. I didn't do it! How can it possible change 'itself'. Is there a routine to 'reset' the .htaccess?

Pete
Pete Feb 20 '13

Its was due to when you set up oxwall in a folder instead of public_html,at least things or working now,your htaccess file was showing the wrong path because of the wrong setup,htaccess file was blocking your sub folder,you need to edit this  htaccess file to allow any more folders that you add on to your oxwall,every time,or oxwall willblock them

The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 20 '13
Evelyne
Evelyne Feb 21 '13
Thank you Pete!

What puzzles me is that the .htaccess file was configured correctly before (including the folder) and I had not added anything or changed anything at all. The website, even though not in the root, was working fine until it wasn't anymore.

It seems to me that the .htaccess file was 'reset' automatically and removed the folder from the path, as I did not did it.... :(