We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum Post Count for Users? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 20 '13
Hi there

Would anyone know if its possible to customise your code to have a forum post count for users? Sorry if this is in the wrong area, It was deleted in the custom code section.

I have tried looking in to the code and I can not find anything for this kind of customisation....So Im just looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Kira

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 27 '13
I think the Forums plugin really needs a few feature enhancements to bring the plugin up to the standard of other php Bulletin Boards. I'm not sure if there is already a topic on this but basic stuff like Post Counts and Moderators for each forum are pretty basic and useful additions.

I'd pay a few $ for a custom plugin which enhanced the forum features.

It can't be too difficult to include a simply MySQL query somewhere on selected pages to add things like a user post count... but it seems Oxwall isn't as straightforward as I first thought!
Alia Team
Alia Mar 28 '13
Kira, can you explain what you mean by "forum post count"? Showing number of forum posts on user's profile?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 28 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 1 '13
Yes, thats normally what “forum post count“ means. Displayed under the users avatar on forums and user profile. Select count sql query would do the trick.