We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Please help urgently :( ! | Forum

Unique
Unique Feb 21 '13

Quote from Kira Castle
i..... So i am literally stuck and can not log in to my website at all...

....Got it, thank you heaps! and changed it. awesome, confirmed the email. Now I need to fix the other problem =D

thanks heaps...!!!! woo

After a long discussion (Threat), finally you solved: how to sign in to your site by going to your site database.....ha...ha (Do not laugh until you try what has been suggested by other users)
SL
SL Feb 21 '13

Quote from Unique After a long discussion (Threat), finally you solved: how to sign in to your site by going to your site database.....ha...ha (Do not laugh until you try what has been suggested by other users)

These things happen to users who do not know, so they ignore the advice but sooner or later they will be better understand their own site
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 21 '13
So, I had been trying to fix it. I ended up reinstalling oxwall on www.kiracastle.com and password letmein. but, email does not work. Ive sent in help to justhost.com (my host) to see if its a host problem with emails server/settings somewhere...

because even if i install oxwall again, it still doesnt work...so maybe it is my host? 

SL
SL Feb 21 '13

Quote from Kira Castle but, email does not work
it is a common
problem: ->uncorrect cronjob setting
Pete
Pete Feb 21 '13

Quote from Raden

Quote from Kira Castle
but, email does not work
it is a common
problem: ->uncorrect cronjob setting

This is not down to cron job,i ran her cron job in my browser.
SL
SL Feb 21 '13
it was only the possiblity, but can also be caused by other things such as: the server quality, etc: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
But u have to make sure that your cronjob setting is correct
The Forum post is edited by SL Feb 21 '13
Pete
Pete Feb 21 '13
I do not have any acess to her host control panel so i am unsure.I think that her server with her webhosting company is not set up correct.
Kira Castle
Kira Castle Feb 22 '13
The funny thing is, i installed oxwall the first time, and emails worked fine when i had a new user. I think I must have changed something without realising what it is. So I will have justhost.com to look in to it. Unless you want to check it out in my control panel pete? haha. 

Im also changing www.kiracastle.com to www.retro-sushi.com which will happen soon. There are few other problems with the actual layout of the cite (eg. the chat, someone else has that problem too) so hopefully will troubleshoot all this stuff...)

Pete
Pete Feb 22 '13

Your chat will be ok once you update your Oxwall in your control panel it will be at the bottom of page like mine ,sent you a pm so you can log into my test account on my website to view .

Alia Team
Alia Feb 26 '13
Kira,

2.Have you set your email in admin panel>>settings>main settings>>main ?

3. Is SMTP enabled in admin panel>>settings>>main settings>>SMTP ?

Pete
Pete Feb 27 '13

Quote from Aliia
Kira,

2.Have you set your email in admin panel>>settings>main settings>>main ?

3. Is SMTP enabled in admin panel>>settings>>main settings>>SMTP ?

I have updated all her website for her and everything is now sorted out ,apart from her cron job,i have treid everything to set this up but nothing seems to work.She as her oxwall on her domain  retro-sushi.com,but her website is pointing to kiracastle.com,i have had alook in her control panel to see if her main domain is pointing to kiracastle.com,but i cant find any redirect for this domain,so i am at a loss how she as done this.unless i have mist something when i had a look
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 27 '13
Pages: « 1 2 3