We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat Issues | Forum

Saif
Saif Feb 21 '13
I facing several problem with Instant chat

1.I see only 12-14 ( I guess) online users In chat box , and if someone who is not being seen online sends me a chat message I dont have any option to see his message, Only the chat bar turns Orange.

2. After minimizing chat tray with a particular user I don`t get alert for their messages.

3.When someone logs In instantly he is seen online in chat box , But he dont get message alert for about two minutes.

Does any one else have same problem ? Or is it related with my server ?

SL
SL Feb 21 '13
Possibility:
or maybe it is about the time setting of site cron job?
Server Quality?

Bradford Page
Bradford Page Feb 21 '13
Sounds like the same problem I am seeing exactly
Bradford Page
Bradford Page Feb 21 '13
I have cron job set to every 1 minute
Saif
Saif Feb 22 '13
With me may be server issues.. Lets see what others say.

@Brad You can fix user online issue check here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8658

SL
SL Feb 22 '13
some share hosting not ollowed to run cron job in every 1 minute...
Bradford Page
Bradford Page Feb 22 '13
Saif what did you do to fix the refresh issue? My who's online and chat users never refresh even though the cron is set to 1 minute

Also, if log out, clear the cache and return, all users are still there?

Need some help with this because no idea how to tell who is actually online

Saif
Saif Feb 22 '13
Loll We are discussing your issue in my thread ;)

Any way Try this /usr/bin/php /home/*****/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

***** = Your Cpanel username

Alia Team
Alia Feb 26 '13

>>1.I see only 12-14 ( I guess) online users In chat box , and if someone who is not being seen online sends me a chat message I dont have any option to see his message, Only the chat bar turns Orange.

Users whom you see online in chat are your friends?

"Chat bar turn orange"- you mean top right console? ( Mailbox)

>>2. After minimizing chat tray with a particular user I don`t get alert for their messages.

When you minimize the chat, it should change the color (blink) when someone sends you a message.

Here is how this should look like ( colors can vary, I am using "Crayon" theme):

>>3.When someone logs In instantly he is seen online in chat box , But he don't get message alert for about two minutes.

Test on my own installation and I got the message almost immediately.

May be Internet connection is the causing this?

Saif
Saif Feb 27 '13
Thanks for the reply Aliia.

Yes users seen are my friends .. 

I dont mean 'Mailbox'

Attaching snap below  right now there are just three users online if the number goes above 12 or 14 i See just message notification (  new message seen in chat bar ) but don`t have any option to reply to that friend 

Quote from Aliia Test on my own installation and I got the message almost immediately. May be Internet connection is the causing this?

Yes it may be internet issue... Right now we are facing worst network in our area