We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I am asking permition to remove the branding tool tip titles from my sites | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
I v tried to buy auto posting software to thousands of classified sites and use it without sign in/register to those sites.(Jjust Using it in online PC)

What the unique of this script?
*can by pass registering procces
*can by pass captcha key
*Automatic create a new username with the site default avatar or use the sender avatar if *possible to thousands site
*Post the article to available place or category of the sites if possible

Processing:
 it took more than i hours to send a post to more than
thousands of classified sites.
The script reports the total number of sites that were successfully sent or not.

What the relation of this?
I think the spam robot to oxwall also do the same thing but with different script
Gtranslated

cit27
cit27 Feb 23 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) So how are Oxwall's sites being found by the false avatar spam agent?

I cant answer this...because i am not the expert of oxwall....
I cant create a plugin, scripts, or the similar of this...
Just using what useful for my site...
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 23 '13
But I can assure you all oxwall users sites are all in that 28.000 found sites amongst the other stuff. So this is not an inside job, nor has oxwalls data been compromised.

First the spamming agent had to find the sites to find all of our sites, it logic and something simple to work out. Creating an advance search is not that difficult  http://www.ehow.com/...advanced-search.html

But if your a programmer there are many things you can do to filter search's if you right your own application as I expect our default agent spammer has done. I can create one this is what I used to do amongst other things mostly in Cgi script and perl. So please lets have some integrity. Lets forget the techno crap I could create a bot its not that hard and I have created them in the past to register sites on to search engines.

I tend to make things easy for non technical people to understand.  

I really was asking Oxwall admin if I could remove the title "
Powered by Oxwall Community Software" because this is the search  key to find Oxwall sites. 

If that is not case then someone is hacking into oxwall's data of which I am sure is not the case.

I had to laugh at this. lol

Quote from Unique How Robot/machine can Finding Your Site? *1 using the unique oxwall code (They learn oxwall security code): 50-100% can find all active oxwall website *2 using your site meta keyword: 100% can find all of the popular sites that use certain keywords that are being searched -> But they have to pass the first point

This is one guy, your not going to find all the oxwall sites on meta key words those that have changed the default to their own causes such problems.

The first point is getting on the join page, filling in the field, a very easy bit of programming i might had but only the default template can be done. The craftiness is getting around the  captcha code but that does not take a rocket scientist to work out. 

Later the posts are made on the spam sites a bit of clever bit of code to get around the validation email. 

I am sure oxwalls unique code has not been breached, lol if there even is one. lol   

If there is one I suggest Oxwall changes it,lol 

You are trying a hard sell on these Spam IP blockers, lol 

Come on lets have some integrity!
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 23 '13
cit27
cit27 Feb 23 '13

Quote from Unique What the relation of this? I think the spam robot to oxwall also do the same thing but with different script Gtranslated

I think what unique said is logic...
cit27
cit27 Feb 23 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) First the spamming agent had to find the sites to find all of our sites, it logic and something simple to work out. Creating an advance search is not that difficult http://www.ehow.com/...advanced-search.html

Quote from Unique What the unique of this script? *can by pass registering procces *can by pass captcha key *Automatic create a new username with the site default avatar or use the sender avatar if *possible to thousands site *Post the article to available place or category of the sites if possible
the simple auto script what unique said above not only search the sites but register and send posting to the sites

Bob (Coder Whacker)
I know it does and exactly how its done.
cit27
cit27 Feb 23 '13
So we need a good security system but the simple auto script above can bypass join page on my site...and currently available only the watchdog, and other anti plugin on the store.....
cit27
cit27 Feb 23 '13

Before i activating the watcdog/antispammer...
The Spammer (with different username and email) posted the similar video
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Feb 23 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
No you don't what is needed is something much simpler as i have been saying all along, stop the spam agents using a search routine to find oxwall sites. Then its a matter of changing the profile questions so they do not match a set template. I will be talking to Emil about these factor but have not finished my analysis. I hope to come up with something a bit more special and of course very simple that will be totally frustrating to a spammer.     

Some thing reminds me of virus checking software and how it become to be needed. I do hope that I am wrong.  

What I do want to do is catch the spamming agent...
Bob (Coder Whacker)
One thing for sure I do know that its only Oxwall and Wall.fm that is being spammer by the default avatar spam agent. I have check other networks etc. Ning has a bit of spam but nothing like this. What seems obvious the spam agent must know by now we can stop sites being spammed, so why continue doing this? Is this sabotage by a past client? what is the reason?

I will not tell you what I am thinking now and I really hope I am wrong.

But my advice to Oxwall is to change the normal default template and take the title away that makes it so simple to find and spam Oxwall sites. For those that want to use IP blocking its really up to them but lets not give opportunities for those agents that may copy this default avatar spammer by just a few little changes. No harm in the changes what so ever.    
Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
I do not have a right of reply to your request/asking, but because the topic is related to the keyword terms and the spam problem ...then consider the following reply as discussion only:

HUMAN SPAM
although you use advance search tool ..it stillwill look for popular sites....(and your site will probably be in the order last search page of 28.000+ found) maybe even your site is not found by the advance search tool using the keywords CAUSE OF your site has different meta keyword: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/9010?page=1#post-45267
I DON`T USE the meta keyword of the "Powered by Oxwall Community Software"

SPAM ROBOT
: machine
I do not know exactly what they use. certainly uses a unique script that is able to penetrate the defenses of a software or a specific site as the example auto posting software script above 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Yep Unique you are correct and you may note that the software uses templates for each site it visits. This is a different but similar script and basically aimed at Oxwall and Wall.fm. As I said its not difficult to get around the captcha key but this goes further and get around the email verification.

Basically this type of software has one big flaw and that is its site template. Then the other point
if one emails the advertiser there is no response. The latter I find very strange?  But I am working on that. 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Auto posting software has been around for many years I used to design software to register sites to search engine. Many of the bigger search engine started to be awkward by changing their templates so that people had to register manually. The only thing I see different here is the ability to get around the email verification. But the fact as I said before its geared only to Wall.fm and Oxwall sites only.  i am still analyzing and thank you for your input. 
Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
Sorry..I am not get your point about oxwall site template...?

Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
with respect to your question about
to remove the title"Powered by Oxwall Community Software"
how about the terms of oxwall free open source?
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Templates.

Consisting of what is required to be entered in the fields of the join page.

In this case the answers to the default profile questions.

Such as the fields: username, email, repeatPassword and so on. 

If that template is changed with 2 or 3 new questions at least 1 or 2 required at sign up the bot moves on to the next advertiser with out registering, then so forth to the next. Each advertiser being rejected registering.
Quote from Unique with respect to your question about to remove the title"Powered by Oxwall Community Software" how about the terms of oxwall free open source?

Its not on the index page but "open source software"  is. But Oxwall is not also in the meta tag key words on a default site. "openwack" the old name is. 

Tool tips titles are however pulled out in a search especially an advance search, where the whole title can be requested. 

Bob (Coder Whacker)
The other point if all the advertisers are rejected on all sites they normally stop advertising with the agent.

Its a case of knowing your enemies tactics and using simple frustrating methods to defeat them and anyone that wants to copy the idea. Its not that hard to stop spam it certainly does not need and complicated method just commonsense and siting back and analyzing the problem and finding the weak link in the application used to spam.
Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
Reported by Jake Brunton
And now, to the part about oxwall's spam problem; when you have a growing product such as Oxwall, with 1,000's of users, these people who create Spam Harvesters know that these free CMS', open sources, create TONS of websites. But a downfall to them is their blind eyed. They don't know which one is most popular, so is best to fight for spam there, so they target The oxwall software itself, well, back in the days of 1.4 and earlier....
.http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/9044
Bob (Coder Whacker)
There is only at present one really offending spam agent and it can be stop very simply, having been someone that has wrote similar software but for a different and non illegal purposes. I do know the problems one can cause to the programmer and it really is simply making it difficult for the programmer to create a default template. The over point is making it hard for the programmer to target sites. Here Oxwall has innocently made it easy for anyone to find Oxwall sites and I am requesting they make it harder by removing the said title.

Those that feel they wish to use the troublesome disk space wasting and heavy CPU usage IP spam blockers are welcome to do so. Even Purusothaman latest plugin will be cron happy
because even if you set the timing of the cron to a longer time period to check it will care CPU usage spikes. Many host will not be that happy with that. But it is an improvement but why pay for something that is not necessary?  What anyone may wish to say my method works its simple to impose and it comes from an old school program analyst who hates the complex, loves integrity, simple solutions and has created with the system 4 spam free active sites and many other uses are completely happy. http://Codewhacker.com being the main proof of the pudding. I have seen so much rubbish explaining how IP blocking is the fantastic way to stop spam. Then seen all the problems and there always will be many i personally can think of a few ways to defeat the spam IP blockers. I can see the object of people think they can make money out of spam blocking. lol. Come on lets stop all this nonsense its very simple to stop spam. Then lets look at the spam agents problem, 1000 plus Oxwall sites with differing profile questions. The programmer then has a total headache how does he create a template to register. Yes he has got around the captcha key and the email verification. But required questions and they will differ on every site. Can you see the problem?

The fact is as I have said before only one spamming bot at present to contend with with and its at this stage the door should be shut and bolted before the horses run away.

Now what I am seeing here is people dealing with the horses running away before they really have. This is one guy with a few hundred advertisers, that can not be contacted by the way. Causing trouble for possibly three or four reasons, two I would not to like to mention here.

The truth is this can be stopped and Oxwall needs to get behind this now, I rather hope they will as they have integrity and if they do not I will be totally surprised as the answers to the problem are very simple.

The only people giving argument are those that have wrote IP blocking software and those that think they got it right. But to those that want the proof of the pudding so to speak and are being spammed try my system as it really does work. With or without a green room.        

Unique
Unique Feb 23 '13
Thank You for suggestion
I
will use your method after having seen your site has
a minimum 1000 users and at least 20 active users every 3 hoursfrom unique IP/country (without a green room or manual approve), but your site still safe from spammers
Pages: « 1 2 3 »