We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat bar flash when you get a new message? - Instant Chat | Forum

BC
BC Feb 22 '13
Anyone done this yet? I'm interested as currently if you have a chat open with someone, but minimized - and they try chatting to you, it doesn't trigger any notification?
Joseph
Joseph Apr 25 '13
it does trigger a notification but i had to edit my css so that the notification blinked black to white so it stands out more but it should really be done out the box as well the messages do not go to your inbox and if you refresh the page the notification is gone this is hurting our members socializing BC this is a huge issue you cannot socialize without notifications
BC
BC Apr 25 '13
Agreed.

Out of curiosity, would you share the CSS you put in for the flashing?

Joseph
Joseph Apr 25 '13
yes I will have to look it up I use a lot of custom css
Joseph
Joseph Apr 25 '13
ok in this code just set the color you want the message to blink this has been tested with macabre theme only but should work 

div.ow_chat_dialog.ow_chat_new_message {background: #000000;}

BC
BC Apr 25 '13
Thanks Joseph.

You're a legend! :D 

Joseph
Joseph Apr 25 '13
no problem I just get tired of waiting on oxwall to decide what is important and what is not I never take a day off while they take every weekend off I am broke and trying to break a barrier so to speak lol 
BC
BC Apr 25 '13
I know the feeling.

Working on a cross-platform of Oxwall and something else and hoping to go live later on in the year.

Good luck with yours too :D 

Joseph
Joseph Apr 25 '13
nice sounds awesome I am working on networking oxwall sites in some ways right now and more later so I can dig it
Angel
Angel May 16 '13
Thank You Soooo Muuuucccchhhh Joseph!!!!!
BC
BC May 16 '13
Joseph,

Have you noticed that it changes the colour of the whole conversation window if you leave it open but inactive, and receive a message.

How would you suggest just making the header flash? :)

Joseph
Joseph May 16 '13
I dont know I recently changed to using the skysa plugin and paying 5 bucks a month it takes strain off my server and messages def get delivered
You do not have permission to reply this topic