We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Password Reset Problems | Forum

Scott
Scott Feb 22 '13
I have seen these posts, but no real answers, so I am posting it again....  I can manually reset passwords by creating a new account, and then copying the encrypted new password from the fake profile to the old one via the php editor on cPanel, but come one, this is not a feasible long term solution.  When the user contacted me with the problem, I first edited her SQL User data so I could swap my email for hers, and sure enough, the reset code arrived in less than five minutes, dead on arrival (invalid code)....

Here is some background stuff.  I had an issue with the ajex not working, and again, your posts walked me through it, I did a system update, and fixed it with the re install.  Before that, password reset worked, now it does not.

I am not sure what you can tell from where you are, but the site is AdvisorGroup.org and if you want to look into the internals of any of it, let me know, and I can pm you log in info.  I am not sure where to even start as it is not a time issue, it is not a cron issue, it is purely a valid code issue.....

Alia Team
Alia Feb 26 '13
Scott, I have tested on your site.

1. Reset Password emails come once in 24 mins. I guess you have SMTP set and CRON runs every 24 mins or so, can you confirm?

2. Links within the email give "Unfortunately you reset code is invalid or expired. Please follow the link and try to reset it again."  Which is wrong. If you PM me your FTP and control panel access details, our developers will be glad to check this issue.

Scott
Scott Feb 28 '13
I just want to make sure you received the private correspondence I sent (not that I am rushing, I have it completely under control for the time).  If you didn't let me know.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 1 '13
Received. Replied