We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HELP - MY SYSTEM HAS GONE NUTS!! | Forum

Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
Hi Guys

I've had my system updated to the latest version of Oxwall but now my system has gone completely nuts.

Firstly, I have this message on the Admin panel page:

"Oxwall cron script is not active. Please add it to cron jobs list (/home/matesgat/public_html/ow_cron/run.php)."

I have the cron job set up but the message is still there.

Secondly, since updating to the latest version nothing that requires Javascript is working at all. I can't comment on posts on the Newsfeed, can't see who's online etc and more importantly, it doesn't look like one has signed in when one has (you enter your details and then have to press refresh!).

Please please help as quickly as you can

Many thanks

Paul
Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
Partially solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the newsfeed! Yay! But I still need help with the cron message and the Virtual gifts plug-in!
Den Team
Den Apr 7 '11
Cron message must be disappeared. Please, check it. What about virtual gifts? WOuld you give more info please?
Paul
Paul Apr 7 '11
@Addenster - no, the cron message is still there and I have set up a cron job exactly as the message says but to no avail.

With the virtual gifts, the plug in seems to install OK but when you look at someone's profile the button says "virtualgifts+profile_toolbar_item_send_gift" and when you click the button you get a message saying "You can't view this page due to limited permissions"

When I try to uninstall the virtual gifts plug in, it won't let me and just gets stuck so I have to deactivate it.

I'm confused but there again it doesn't take much to confuse me :-)
Den Team
Den Apr 7 '11
Ok, how exactly did you update oxwall to 1.1? I recommend you to restore your site from backup and apply autoupdate from admin panel.
Paul
Paul Apr 7 '11
I didn't do the update, my brother did. He said all you need to do is... and then whacked several keys on the keyboard and said "there you are"

I'm not sure he even made a backup before doing it to be honest! In fact I doubt it because it was done so quickly. So if you can advise from here, I would be most grateful.
Paul
Paul Apr 7 '11
Don't worry - I figured it out! All sorted now but thanks for your help anyway - you guys are brilliant!
Den Team
Den Apr 9 '11
You are welcome :)
nbjhjh
nbjhjh Aug 24 '23
 Take some time to get used to the layout of your gaming keyoard. Pay attention to key placements, special function keys, and any additional features it may have.