We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo plugin! | Forum

Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 24 '13
Well the photo plugin on Oxwall doesnt work...anymore. We may have played with the size limits , we tried to uninstall and reinstall it, makes no difference, when uplaod a pic, we dont get any error but we cant see the pic.... maybe if we could put the originals size limits back but we cant remember , anyone has an idea?

Thx

Pete
Pete Feb 24 '13
just download a copy of this plugin and open it and look at the code
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 24 '13
good idea thanks

Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 25 '13
still got this problem... I would like to know wat settings you put for ur photo plugin cause really i dunno wats wrong now...
The Forum post is edited by Stuart Neilson Feb 25 '13
DeFender
DeFender Feb 25 '13
what you did before?
Bobby
Bobby Feb 25 '13
You're all kinds of messed up. Your Fconnect doesn't work and your site title_wrap lost it's css.
Are you running latest version of oxwall and latest version of photos plugin?
I think maybe you have an older version of one or the other.

Else - did you try setting size limit to "0"
Pete
Pete Feb 26 '13

Quote from Myriam Dunn
still got this problem... I would like to know wat settings you put for ur photo plugin cause really i dunno wats wrong now...

When i ugraded i had problems with the photo plugin ,every time i tried to install it i got error messages,in the end i just stopped useing it .I dont think its anything about how you change the settings.I do not think setting is the problem.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Feb 26 '13
Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 26 '13
If you modified the code, then reuploading all source files might resolve the issue. But be sure to backup all files first.
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Feb 26 '13
Quote from Pete
Quote from Myriam Dunn

When i ugraded i had problems with the photo plugin ,every time i tried to install it i got error messages,in the end i just stopped useing it .I dont think its anything about how you change the settings.I do not think setting is the problem.

Good to know Im not alone with this problem, I can upload photos in the newsfeed without any problem, I really dont know ... I restored the whole site to a week ago... still the same but now its telling me that not photos has been uploaded because of excessive size or wrong format  and I never got that message before , so I went into the settings of the photo plugin but it doesnt work, I get the 500 error message *rolls eyes*
Stuart Neilson
Just realized that the videos dont work either, great! 

I never touched the settings for that one so I didnt fuck it up.... I dont get any error message with the videos , it tells me the video has been added but no , you cant see it ....

Stuart Neilson
Quote from Michael I. If you modified the code, then reuploading all source files might resolve the issue. But be sure to backup all files first.

Never modified the code... juste played a little with the settings in the admin section of the site..
Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
>> I restored the whole site to a week ago... still the same but now its telling me that not photos has been uploaded because of excessive size or wrong format and I never got that message before , so I went into the settings of the photo plugin but it doesnt work, I get the 500 error message *rolls eyes*

1. 500 error - Enable DEBUG MODE http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661
2. Excessive size or wrong format. What is the exact error message? This might be connected to the 500 error. So after enabling DEBUG mode you should see the real error. Let me know what it says.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
>> I dont get any error message with the videos , it tells me the video has been added but no , you cant see it ..

Oxwall allows embed existing videos from other video sharing sites only.
Which video sharing site have you tried ? Youtube?
Can you give the embed code you used?