We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Strange behaviour of Anti Spammer | Forum

Tester
Tester Feb 25 '13
Yesterday I tried to activte/upload Anti Spammer several times -- through Admin and also through cPanel File Manager.

Each time, I clicked 'Settings' the system flsahed error message 500, but
each time the server was NOT actually down, because I could still work at cPanel.

Each time I deleted the plugin the error message was gone and the site started working.

I wonder what was the problem.
Unique
Unique Feb 25 '13
Have u tried uninstalling/deleting the file plugin then upload it again...?
Tester
Tester Feb 25 '13
Yes, I did, Unique.
In my last attempts I also uploaded the file directly from Oswall, instead of from my Download folder.

Alia Team
Alia Feb 25 '13
Tester, have you tried enabling DEBUG mode to make sure that it was indeed server's 500 error and not Oxwall related one?
Tester
Tester Feb 26 '13
No, Aliia, I didn't do that.
What I can say is that it was 'server's 500 error' as far the site was concerned, but not a real server error. I was going on uploading, extracting, deleting the plug-in all the while at cPanel File Manager. In between I contacted the hosting service and they asked for precise details, because the server was functioning well.
Tester
Tester Feb 26 '13
Now, I have an idea. My site findonliners.com Redirects to the folder findonliners.com/community, where my Oxwall script is put. If remove the redirect, findonliners.com will show 'site under reconstruction'. I plan to repeat the process, with the Redirect removed.
Tester
Tester Feb 26 '13
While we are at it, I want to know more about 'enabling DEBUG'.
Is this something that we do only under certain circumstances, or can we allow it remain enabled permanently? Would the latter create any problem?
Unique
Unique Feb 26 '13
by enabling DEBUG you will see what the oxwall error in your site....
NOTE: Your site may appear to many debug notices and your users/visitor will see it
Tester
Tester Feb 26 '13
Ok, got it, Unique. Actually I forgot I knew this in other scripts. Thanks.