We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New feature - Instant Chat with video support | Forum

J Virtuel
J Virtuel Feb 26 '13
First of all, good quality programing and result justify this price.. to all other if so simple why didnt you do it for free first so please stop shouting at this team they did wonderfull hangout like plugin.. that being said

I would like to know if it is possible to link this product to the event section.. like for exemple do an online meeting  creat an event and all people joining the even receive a notification when event start.. by cliking then otification or the even page they join the group chat.. in adition to that we already have( i did buy the plug) for file sharing so would do an online meeting like plugin.. ok need a lot of work to have a google doc like file sharing but anyway..

Are you plaining to do this.. because honestly even 99$ wouldn't bother me to pay for an online meeting like plugin ..

So again improving the doc sharing plugin(to make it like google doc) link it with core event and your video chat..

please let me know if this is in your plan..
if not would you be willing to do a custom job for me?? this is a very very interesting features i would love to have

Than kyou

matt
matt Feb 26 '13
I second the idea of group chat, and love the idea that it might get tied into an event.

Matt
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 26 '13
I would love to a group chat option. I will speak to the developer about this. He didnt seem to like the idea the first time and said it would be complicated. I will have a discussion with him and get back to you guys. It may cost me a bit to have features like this added so another version would of the plugin would have to be made with a new price as well. (I pay for outside development on this project.)
matt
matt Feb 26 '13
Appreciate you taking a look at the possibilities :) Awesome working features are always worth the money :)
tedd
tedd Feb 26 '13
How about making this plugin a mobile messager like most great site "facebook & etc"
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 27 '13
We have not looked into the options of a mobile messenger yet however maybe in the future. Love the ideas guys keep them coming.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Feb 27 '13
Joseph
Joseph Mar 2 '13
I will say group chatting with opentok can get pricey so if they did do a group chat plugin it may be possible to make it where you use rtmp servers they are cheaper it seems than opentok group rates
tedd
tedd Mar 4 '13
how about adding PM's as a combine feature like facebook, means send messages using both plugins "IM's & PM's.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Mar 10 '13
That would be interesting but I don't think that would be a feature that everyone wants.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 5 '13
actually a lot of people complain they miss messages and if their inbox was lit up then they could respond to it I will cast my vote for tedds idea
Chris H.
Chris H. Apr 15 '13
I second vote Teds idea too.
Discount dollars
Discount dollars Apr 23 '13
im getting error 500 when i upload it to my site
Modern
Modern Sep 27 '13
I couldn't have put it better myself.  its not a case of how much you pay for this plugin, its what the customer really wants.  As it is, I would not buy it as it does not adequately satisfy my needs.  However, if this plugin / app is improved to cover all that  J Virtuel and others have recommended above then its value and of course its price would go up exponentially.  Please let me know when it has been done, I will buy it straight away.
Modern
Modern Sep 27 '13
Oh, on another point, if this improved plugin had to run on Oxwall servers to be totally efficient, then that is fine, you could charge a fair monthly or annual subscription fee instead of a flat rate fee for the service.  But then it would have to be very good and cover all the issues outlined above, because members would be relying on your facilities and efficiency more than anything else.  Just something for the Oxwall team to consider.

The Forum post is edited by Modern Sep 27 '13
Modern
Modern Sep 27 '13
Hmmm, sorry guys, one other issue comes to mind, such a plugin would have to be able to prevent the shit that yahoo chat suffered from or it could become seriously downgraded over time by wankers spamming the site with sex ads.  So perhaps a way to turn off website addresses, email addresses, key words and the like would be very helpful to site owners.  or at least a way to flag them up for the moderators/admins attention.  Maybe a way to ban members from the chat facility for a set amount of time for abuse would be a good idea as well. 
The Forum post is edited by Modern Sep 27 '13
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 27 '13
We are not the oxwall team. We are OxwallACCESSORIES. I am sorry to point that out but oxwall gave us a rough time about the name as it is. I just needed to clarify that we do not represent oxwall, just our services. 
Oxwall Accessories
MOdern there is currently a plugin that prevents *badwords* from being entered. I do believe that it works site wide!
Modern
Modern Sep 27 '13
Semantics, I am talking to whoever owns and runs the package, as a customer it makes no difference to me who provides the services as long as it does what I want, is priced reasonably and is efficient and effective.  So OxwallAccessories in this context I am still talking to you.
Oxwall Accessories
;) Well what this plugin is really just unbranded video chat that runs from opentoks server and relieves a bit of server resources. Its a nice package for anyone looking to add 1 on 1 video chat to their website. We are looking into other options and additions but it is hard to find something to please everyone. Hope you understand. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic