We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help Required | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
david jefferson
david jefferson Mar 12 '13
Ok quick question uploaded plugin for picture slideshow and created what nead to be created on my ftp and installed ok. Just curious one how do i upload my own pictures or where the stock pictures are.

Two its activated in my plugins but why doesnt it display on homepage. cheers

Alia Team
Alia Mar 12 '13
David, once plugin is activated. Log in as admin, go to, for example, your main page. You will see "Customize this page" button. Click on it. You will see "Slideshow" widget there. Move this widget to the needed place using drag&drop:

Once the widget is placed, click on the "wheel" in widget's top right corner.
You will get to the "Settings" page where you can add new images.

david jefferson
david jefferson Mar 13 '13
Many Thanks Thats worked great. How do you shrink it down a little as the photos are a little out of focus.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 14 '13
David, the best solution is to resize your images.

david jefferson
david jefferson Mar 16 '13
Tar Hun will give that ago. Got a hundred and one things going on so seem to bounce between networking, forum, directory and general content. Will get there in the end though cheers for all the help. Im sure will have some more question, fanpage is next, here we go again.
david jefferson
has anyone downloaded the fanpage app, can it be changed so they can have multiple fan walls. if you have can i see it developed. not sure if its what i want now in my head. the idea was someone can have multiple walls so when more than one family/friend dies they can have a wall for each and invite specific friends from there to each one.

Plus like a nosey at one cos aron's looks a little cluttered. Can they create like a online obituary and friends from there can post comments if they are accepted from the owner of the page.

david jefferson
Plus the gift plugin can that be made chargeable for say visitors and not for members.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 18 '13
Regarding fanpage app, since this wasn't developed by us I can not help you with this question.

Regarding Gifts, you won't be able to send a gift if you are not loged in. So there is no way you can charge visitors for sending gifts- since visitors will just not be able to access this area until they register and log in.
Pages: « 1 2