We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Images | Forum

Crystal
Crystal Apr 7 '11
It seems the Images in Photo and avatars do not carry over if an upgrade is done by saving sql via cpanel upgrading and then reloading the SQL with cpanel. What causes this? Surely this is a problem for fixing crashed sites as backups leave a damaged site with members losing avetars and photo albums if fixed by reloading a backup.
Zoli
Zoli Apr 8 '11
I upgraded conform oxwall wiki and my blog avatars are gone...
Crystal
Crystal Apr 8 '11
Seems to be a bug with core and SQL.
Den Team
Den Apr 9 '11
Sorry Crystal, but I didn't understand you. What do you mean under

Quote from Crystal
t seems the Images in Photo and avatars do not carry over if an upgrade is done by saving sql via cpanel upgrading and then reloading the SQL with cpanel.

Would you rephrase it with more details please?

Quote from Zoli
I upgraded conform oxwall wiki and my blog avatars are gone...

There is no wiki plugin for oxwall yet, how did you update it? :)
Crystal
Crystal Apr 12 '11
I downloaded my sql to my hard drive from the server. I than updated to 1.1 from 1.0.3 and dropped all the new db tables in cpanel. I than uploaded the tables to the db with cpanel and updated the theme.

The site no longer recognized 80% of the images and avatars as they all showed as space
Den Team
Den Apr 13 '11
As I understood you upload an old sql dump of your site and connected it with new code version (1.1), correct? Check if this broken images are exists on filesystem.
Crystal
Crystal Apr 13 '11
Are images saved to a file and not into sql?
Den Team
Den Apr 14 '11
Yes, all photos and avatar are saved in ow_userfiles/ folder, not in sql
Crystal
Crystal Apr 14 '11
Ahhh that is the problem. I think a lot of members are not aware when upgrading and delete the file. Maybe this needs to be added in the wiki where update instructions given.
Den Team
Den Apr 15 '11
Sorry Crystal, but why to delete files when updating your site? :)
Crystal
Crystal Apr 17 '11
Some like me may download full 1.1 files and not just updates when doing an update. I know it was stupid but then many may believe all images etc. are stored in sql and backing up this is enough.