We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Vision for kitchen renovation | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Jan 16

We moved into our current home in October 2020. It has great bones, built in 1930. We've been taking down wallpaper (so many birds on the walls!) and repainting. We put a new roof on last year. It's finally almost time to tackle the kitchen. I am having a really hard time envisioning pretty much anything. I am terrible at stuff like this. But we have almost no counter space, almost no cupboard space, and DH and I are hoping to do something this winter with it. 

We are not up for a $50,00+ renovation, so I'm trying to think creatively. I am really 100% fine with practical and functional. We don't need fancy. The "beams" on the ceiling are fake, hollow plasticy material and those need to go. The breakfast nook area has great built ins but is mostly being used for storage at the moment. We don't have a pantry or anything like that. The metal bookcases were supposed to be temporary until we had more cabinets. I'd rather our food and pots/pans be in cupboards if possible. 

I'm attaching pictures - please excuse the mess and the fan. It's a million degrees here today and I'm trying to keep the house reasonably cool. 

Any thoughts on how we could fix the kitchen? First picture is coming in through the dining room. There are four doors. I think we could close up the one to the left of the refrigerator. 

image.thumb.png.fdaf95cbe360572c1689553f064e1216.png

Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake Jan 16
Exciting times! I looked at tons of photos of kitchens online to get some ideas. For  additional counter space, do you have enough room to add an island (even ready-made movable one, like IKEA sells). We had one for our first kitchen and it was really nice.

I can't actually see any of your attachments, though.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor Jan 16
For more storage, consider utilizing vertical space with shelves or cabinets. You could repurpose the breakfast nook for pantry storage. As for the beams, maybe a fresh coat of paint could lighten the space. Also, check out https://mdfskirtingworld.co.uk/ for interior mouldings—they add a classy touch.
farhan
farhan Jan 21
Access tips on negotiating with appliance service providers, ensuring you get fair pricing for repairs and maintenance. How to Find Expert Thermador Refrigerator Repair in San Diego: A Complete Guide
BobbieHughes
BobbieHughes Feb 20
Crafting a vision for kitchen renovation entails envisioning a space that seamlessly merges functionality with aesthetic appeal. With a focus on elevating both the practicality and visual allure of the heart of the home, granite countertops Daytona Beach emerge as a focal point, exuding timeless elegance while offering durability and ease of maintenance. This vision encompasses a harmonious blend of modern convenience and classic charm, where every element, from the cabinetry to the lighting fixtures, contributes to a cohesive and inviting atmosphere, fostering culinary creativity and cherished moments shared with loved ones.
farhan
farhan Mar 27
Consultation services available to diagnose and address appliance issues. appliance repair service