We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

VPS COnfiguration and Server | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Jan 18
Hello how are you?
I wanted to ask you what is your recommendation to place the servers online in a vps, should I use the databases locally on the server and then from another host use the web to connect to the databases?
Brittany Wang
Brittany Wang Jan 18
There would be no important difference on your resources. Also, there is a huge disadvantage on this, db connections will be delayed especially if the database is on a home computer.
Alyvia Lynn
Alyvia Lynn Jan 18
I hope you're doing well! The considerations for VPS configuration and server setup remain relevant. Whether to use databases locally on the server or connect to them from another host depends on your specific requirements and the nature of your project.If you're interested in exploring VPS hosting solutions and seeking expert advice, you can still check out the services offered at https://windowsvps.host/. They might have updated offerings and insights that align with current best practices in server configuration.