We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed | Forum

Pete
Pete Mar 5 '13

Quote from Aliia
Pete, justed wanted to check with you whether you are aware that newsfeed on user's dashboard doesn't show everything?It only shows items related to loged in user  ( like friends' activity, activity in groups user has joined, events user is attending and etc).

When you were testing you tested with the main newsfeed?

Now you tell me lol ye it was the main news feed . I set the dashboard up as my main page when members log on,my main index is only for guest to view,it might be a good idea if we can have newsfeed to work like on index ,so we can use on dash in the futture .Thanks Aliia for leting me know.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Mar 5 '13
Pete
Pete Mar 6 '13
Is there any way that i could edited newsfeed so it works on dashboards ,like it does on home index page ?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 6 '13
Unique, yes, sually it is under this URL ( giving that "Newsfeed" widget was activated on this page).
Pete
Pete Mar 6 '13

I just edit activate.php in newsfeed folder mod and changed index.to dash and it worked,everybody can see all updates in dash now.

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_MyFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_DASHBOARD);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_LEFT, 0);

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_UserFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_PROFILE);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_DASHBOARD);( This one i edited)
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);

The Forum post is edited by Pete Mar 6 '13
Pete
Pete Mar 6 '13
Its reverted back to not showing new posts for members ,i give up
Alia Team
Alia Sep 8 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Pages: « 1 2