We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

MAINTENANCE PAGE NOT WORKING - SOLVED | Forum

Eugenie
Eugenie Mar 3 '13
Hi,

I'm trying to disable the site by selecting the box but the site appears as normal. Basically, the box doesn't seem to be working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eugenie

The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 12 '13
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 3 '13
I've just tested mine and it works. Maybe a plugin issue? Not sure though what to do. Just tested it for you on my site.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Just try pressing Control + F5 to refresh and try again.
Eugenie
Eugenie Mar 4 '13

Hi Purusothaman.  I tried that but nothing happened. I'm using a mac.  Would that make a difference?  

It might be the TinyMCE plugin after all.  It has been giving me all sorts of different problems including not being able to uninstall it!

Thanks for checking, Matthew.

Thanks,

Eugenie

Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 4 '13
TinyMCE plugin is bugged. Just disable it for now. And delete it until they fix it in case you have other admins who want to play around with plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Matthew D Zavoras Mar 4 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
Eugenie, might sound like a stupid question, but I will give it a try,  have you loged out after enabling maintenance mode or you checked while being loged in as admin? Have you tried opening the site in another browser?
Eugenie
Eugenie Mar 5 '13
Hi Aliia.  Not stupid at all. In fact, that's what it was!  It's always some silly oversight, isn't it?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Eugenie

Eugenie
Eugenie Mar 5 '13
Matthew, if I delete the plugin via ftp and the databases, will that do the trick?

Thanks,

Eugenie

Alia Team
Alia Mar 5 '13
Eugenie, welcome.

I recommend uninstalling plugin first from admin panel, this way you will not have to clean up the database. Once plugin is uninstalled you can delete it.
Tester
Tester Mar 5 '13
Aliia, I clicked on Flag my mistake; hope it won't create a problem. Actually I wanted to quote 'I recommend uninstalling plugin first from admin panel, this way you will not have to clean up the database.' That is a lession for me.
Eugenie
Eugenie Mar 5 '13
Hi Aliia, unfortunately there's a problem with the plugin and it won't uninstall. It sends an error message.
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 5 '13
I've just disabled mine since I only have back end rights. Never tried to uninstall it yet.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 6 '13
Guys, try contacting TinyMCE's developer.
If he/she doesn't reply, please send a report to moderation_team@oxwall.org .
Thank you.
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Mar 6 '13

Quote from Aliia Guys, try contacting TinyMCE's developer.
If he/she doesn't reply, please send a report to moderation_team@oxwall.org .
Thank you.

I thought about it. But I decided to upgrade to one of Arons rich text editors.