We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Depression | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Jan 24
My son in law Eric, runs his family farm here in north central Mo. Eric is a good man, devoted to his family and his work.                                   He's the last person I would ever think that could become depressed, to the point that he really can't function. His dad had a stroke two years ago, and now is unable to help him run the farm. He has two men that are good steady hands, and have worked for him for years. Currently, they're kind of running things for him.                I'm not sure what brought this on for him, but I think it's a combination of several things, especially what happened to his dad.              He's currently going to some counseling, both group and one on one. He'll probably need some medicine for this, and is trying to find the right doctor to help him.                                      I've never asked this here on BR before, but I'm asking my fellow BR members to remember him in your prayers. He needs help, and I believe this will help him. Thank you.
Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake Jan 24
He’s already talking to a professional which is a good start, and thats a hurdle that a lot of men in particular have trouble getting over. So that’s really good.

Maybe Eric needs to get out and stick some fish with his pops-in-law? Physical activity also does wonders for mental health. Like some full court basketball or going for a run. Two things I try to do if I’m feeling off, mentally.

Hope Eric gets it figured out and can get back to running the farm.

Rajesh Rajpo
Rajesh Rajpo Jan 24
I'm truly touched by your concern for Eric, and it's evident that he's fortunate to have such caring people around him.
It's essential to emphasize that this should be explored under the guidance of a qualified healthcare provider who can assess Eric's specific situation. But for this method, you need a medical cannabis prescription.
I think that the combination of medical treatment, counseling, and considering alternative options like medical cannabis can provide a more comprehensive approach to his recovery journey.
The Forum post is edited by Rajesh Rajpo Jan 24
jess sica
jess sica Feb 16
If you're struggling with grief and bereavement counseling, please know that you're not alone and there are resources available to help. You can reach out to a mental health professional, a trusted friend or family member, or a crisis hotline. You can also find support groups and online communities.