We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A RAID 1 setup for data redundancy | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
James Stiller
James Stiller Jan 24
Hey folks! I've got a bit of a tech dilemma and was hoping for some advice. So, I'm currently running a RAID 1 setup for data redundancy, but one of the drives seems to be failing. How do I go about rebuilding RAID 1 without losing any data? Any insights or step-by-step guides would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
David Wilson
David Wilson Jan 24

Hey! Dealing with a failing drive in a RAID 1 setup can be nerve-wracking, but there's good news – how to rebuild raid 1 without losing data RAID 1 is all about redundancy. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out:

Identify the failing drive using your RAID management software.

Replace the failing drive with a new one of equal or larger capacity.

Initiate the RAID rebuild process through your RAID management interface.

Wait for the rebuild to complete. The time it takes depends on the size of your drives.

During this process, your RAID array remains accessible, and your data is intact. However, it's always a good idea to have a backup, just in case. Best of luck with the rebuild!

Mike Jason
Mike Jason Jan 24

Building on what David mentioned, I'd like to add a couple of tips. Before starting the rebuild, ensure that your backup is up to date. While RAID 1 provides redundancy, it's not a substitute for regular backups.

Also, keep an eye on the RAID management interface during the rebuild. If you notice any errors or if the process seems to be taking an unusually long time, it's essential to investigate and address the issue promptly.