We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to put 'MORE' in Blogs automatically? | Forum

Tester
Tester Mar 5 '13
[Note: I had posted this weeks ago but deleted it later. I publish it again to comply with several requests by PM]

Go to .../ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/save.php.
Locate Line 268, 269 and Replace it with the lines in the attached file.

The resulting Blogs won't show any content of the text. It will be like a directory, showing only the tiltle, date, author and tags. For a demo please see: http://findonliners.com/community/blogs

P.S. Don't foget to Save the file save.php before you pitch in. I will be happy if this helps any user.
The Forum post is edited by Tester Mar 5 '13
Attachments:
  code.jpg (13.41Kb)
Bobby
Bobby Mar 5 '13
Nice! Bobby likes
Tester
Tester Mar 5 '13
Thanks, Bobby.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
My personal opinion is that during updates of the plugin, these changes will be removed.. But a good try.
Tester
Tester Mar 5 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam I suspected that, of course, but am incapable of programming it in a 'here-to-stay' manner. Maybe you can develop it into a plug-in.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
But indeed its a good try, so that many will be useful with that.
Tester
Tester Mar 5 '13
Thanks, Purush. I hope the next blog update would come with a proper solution.
Tester
Tester Mar 6 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam My personal opinion is that during updates of the plugin, these changes will be removed.. But a good try.

Please note this quote. This is very important.
Bobby
Bobby Mar 6 '13
I should have put this note on a couple of my own posts.
Ron Scott
Ron Scott Mar 27 '13
Hey Tester
Sounded simple, but, I've entered the code and a "More" button has appeared at the end of each post but all the text of the blog is still showing. I've also tried entering a new post and it saves the same way, all text showing.
Any ideas?
Tester
Tester Mar 28 '13
Ron, can you mention in your site,

Are the lines mention the same in your .../ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/save.php?

Eddie Hakan
Eddie Hakan Apr 26 '13
woww..!! i'm looking for this also.. thanks dude.. ;)