We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook connect | Forum

Alia Team
Alia Mar 15 '13
The day I have tested, I used regular "Join" form. I have tried to login today using that username and all went well.

I have tried to register today though, and I am getting blank page again.
Matthew
Matthew Mar 18 '13
Mine will sign people in and lets the create accounts but it opens a new tab that is completely blank. Is that the same problem?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 19 '13
Matthew, what is your site URL?
Colin MacKinnon
Colin MacKinnon Mar 23 '13
We've reinstalled from scratch.  Did notice, however, that the point where the "join" functioned failed was right before the "Captcha" verification page would have loaded.

This might help someone else with a similar problem.  Thanks for your comments.  they helped us decide to start over.  The "bot" fake users also helped convince us.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 26 '13
Matthew, what did you meant to say by the given link?
Colin MacKinnon
Colin MacKinnon Mar 28 '13
We're back up and running at mycolemaneducation.com . Everything is working and we are, again, being hacked by "strange members" with really funky email addresses.  Thank goodness for verify AND approve.

JB TECH
JB TECH Mar 29 '13
I.

I have my Facebook app set up right, and configured properly. It is also correctly set up in the Facebook side and meets the standards, but everytime you click the button to login, you're instantly directed to the 500.phtml error page. This is a problem because about 46% of my users sign-in with Facebook, and it's not working. One of my users reported that for some reason on their end, it works on Wednesdays, but no other days.

Any reason why?

Site URL: weeshare.ws

Tester
Tester Mar 30 '13
My best advice as a long-time user is to avoid Fconnect. 

It is a bad idea,  especially if your profile question have several Required items.

Signing in with fConnect will bypass all this, and this will create problems.

I would go as far as to suggest the Oxwall team to remove the option.

After all what is FB? The most muddleheaded interface and a lot of gimmicks.

Pages: « 1 2