We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Molding appearing with pony/room divider walls | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Feb 7

I just upgraded to Architect version of Home Designer, largely to take advantage of pony walls.

I have a large living room that has a raised ceiling - but two walls extend under into kitchen and dining.

Oddly, molding seems to be by room - not by wall. So if I assign molding for the two outer walls, I see the molding in the room divider walls (open space).

Is this a bug?  Or how can I set molding correctly on walls facing exterior but not on room divider walls?  

Also wrt molding - how do you set say a 2' stone facade on exterior walls at base? Do you use molding also?  I've tried it, I have to create an exterior room with dimensions - is there a better way or do you use pony walls for all exterior to do that?

Pari Palmer
Pari Palmer Feb 7
yes molding is typical per room when you construct home as it looks "right" and you have smae types meeting at corners.

NOw with you ponly wall  do you have 2 differet baseboards on each side thente question is how to join?

Normally they would make it like a Cased opening but only up to top of wall where you would have some sort of "Stool" plate to cover top.

idayrare corded
It's great that you've upgraded to the Architect version of Home Designer and are making use of pony walls for your living room design. I can understand the confusion with molding appearing in unexpected places.
Regarding your question about assigning molding correctly, it's possible that there might be a setting or option that needs adjustment in the software. You could explore the software's settings or reach out to their support team for guidance on how to manage molding for specific walls.
For further inspiration and ideas, you can also consider laser cut screens to add a unique touch to your space. I hope you find the solutions you're looking for and that your design project turns out beautifully!