We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Religion for mental health | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Feb 9

The practice of Christianity requires a clear mind without doubts, with a simple motivation.
To achieve the necessary state, they recommend "not to judge", "not to be a debtor", which supports the purity of the mind, faith to achieve any goals, love as motivation.
As a result, thoughts are free from past, future and present events, all actions are guided by reason rather than instinct.

Hinduism has the same goals, to act without the intention of receiving anything from the world, but to find within yourself the motivation to act.

The result of religious practice should be a stable mental state independent of external stimuli.

I can describe the methods in more detail, explain why they work, what makes these practitioners different, and more, if anyone is interested.

Olli Stor
Olli Stor Feb 9
I just reflect to the thread title.

I rather no belive religions with pain than to accept them for creat an illusion what is good for my mental state.

I need more truth than painless life.
Rajesh Rajpo
Rajesh Rajpo Feb 9
Just read this post, and I love the idea of a clear mind without doubts. "Not to judge" and "not to be a debtor" - simple yet powerful. Faith, love, and purity of mind is the best combo! I'd like to order a sign with these quotes from this Christian verses and inspirational art shop. That must hang on my wall!