We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding the Newsfeed to Groups - SOLVED | Forum

Shane
Shane Mar 7 '13
Has anyone added a Newsfeed plugin to a Group. the Wall as a plugin does not suit.
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 13 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Groups should already have that option. Open your group then goto customize page you should see the newsfeed widget box in the available widget box. 
Shane
Shane Mar 8 '13
Thanks Bob 

And there lies my problem, it doesn't. Do you have any suggestions as to best way to remedy this? 
Would a re-install of the plugin be the best option? 
My website - is an new install of 1.5.1. 

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 10 '13
Have you checked the plugin settings? admin dashboard - available plugin's 

It may still be in the "Drag'n'drop items to the page sample below to add features or custom components area?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Deactivate your groups and newsfeed plugin once and reactivate. This is a bug in the plugins which I reported some time back.

PS: Don't uninstall. Just deactivate and reactivate.
Shane
Shane Mar 10 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker) Have you checked the plugin settings? admin dashboard - available plugin's 

It may still be in the "Drag'n'drop items to the page sample below to add features or custom components area?
hi Bob Yes i have checked the plugin settings, and it not on the Drag n drop page.

Shane
Shane Mar 10 '13
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Deactivate your groups and newsfeed plugin once and reactivate. This is a bug in the plugins which I reported some time back.

Hi 
Purusothaman I will deactivate the plugin.

Alia Team
Alia Mar 10 '13
Thanks for answering guys.
The issue is in "to fix" list.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 10 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Shane
Shane Mar 12 '13
Quote from Shane Magee
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Deactivate your groups and newsfeed plugin once and reactivate. This is a bug in the plugins which I reported some time back.

Hi 
Purusothaman I will deactivate the plugin.

I deactivated the plugin and reactivated it. It now works