We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions regarding ID regs | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
I was perusing the ID regulations and noticed many rivers/streams have barbless hook regs. On these streams, is it illegal to have on your possession barbed flies? Or are all flies on your possession required to be barbless? Another question I have is, are there streams where you cannot have more than one fly on? In other words, a dry-dropper rig would be illegal. Thanks in advance.
Bernard Hamming

It depends on the state, place, and officer. Which makes it impossible for us fishers to be 100% sure about anything other than...don't carry or have any barbed (or smashed barb) flies at those places, period.

There was an enforcement person here (and I remember reading about one in another state) who would carry cotton balls and if your pinched barb caught some of the cotton...you got a ticket. Had a single barbed hook in any bag on any fly/lure...you got a ticket.

You can call the dept of wildlife and get more than one answer depending on who you talk to, and in the end the only thing that matters is the enforcer in the field, their opinion, how they feel that day, if they like the way you look, where you're from, or how you talk, etc.

If you want to be 100% safe that you will not et ticketed, then there's only one answer.

Rox
Rox Feb 16

It's smart of you to delve into the intricacies of ID regulations, especially with regards to barbless hook requirements. In many areas, possessing barbed flies on streams with barbless hook regulations could indeed be against the rules to ensure the safety of fish populations. It's always best to err on the side of caution and comply with local regulations to promote responsible angling.

Navigating these regulations can feel like deciphering a complex puzzle, but staying informed is key to being a respectful and conscientious angler. If you ever need further clarification or resources on ID-related matters, you might find useful insights at https://fakeidvendors.com/. Happy fishing, and tight lines!