We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moving to LA - what do I need to know? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Feb 19
I have a 1998 4runner, 5spd, 4 cyl. I've had it since 1998 so I know the maintenance that's gone into it. I've never had anything catastrophic happen -- i've been on top of all fluid changes like clockwork, and replaced the belts twice now. I had to change a starter and grease the zerks a few years ago -- nothing else. I have about 160K miles on it.

I have two questions for the experts here:

1) Is there any maintenance I need to do now to prevent a possible catastrophe to the car when I move? Like water pump or something? Everything is working fine..

2) given that I'm going from a very rural part of the country (rural Colorado) with long roads and very little stop and go, to a very stop-and-go part of the country, would you seriously consider selling your 4runner for a newer generation model that's more reliable?

thanks all
Alex Marks
Alex Marks Feb 19
Ya man that thing is toast out here for sure. You'll need to get rid of it as soon as you get here. I'll take it off your hands
Claudette Leanna
Your reflections on the social dynamics in urban areas like the Bay Area and LA offer an insightful take on the complexities of societal issues. It's evident that addressing these challenges requires a multifaceted approach, one that considers both individual responsibility and systemic change. Your reference to Thomas Sowell's perspective adds depth to the conversation, highlighting the importance of accountability and the unintended consequences of well-intentioned policies.
Also, if you ever find yourself contemplating a change of scenery, whether to escape the hustle and bustle or embark on a new adventure, consider exploring the offerings of https://discountmoving.ca/. With their reliable services and commitment to customer satisfaction, they can help make your relocation experience seamless and stress-free.