We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Lawyer Fee Question | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Feb 21
In August 2019, two of my neighbors and I filed a suit against our condo homeowner’s association over parking spots. I did not see an invoice until May, 2020, when I got a bill for over 7K. Last week the bill increased to almost 14k. My intake agreement clearly stated that we would get periodic statements. I plan to object, of course on the basis that had I been advised, monthly, or even quarterly, I would have withdrawn from the case, long before the fees got so high. The lawyers lost the case, and now the HOA is about to hit the three of us up for their lawyers fees as well. Should my lawyer hold firm, would it do any good to go to bar association arbitration?
Elijah Black
Elijah Black Feb 21
Time to get another lawyer, to fight the legal fees.
Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake Feb 21
It's important to stand up for your rights, especially when it comes to unexpected bills and lack of communication. I remember dealing with a similar issue with a service provider, and clear communication was key to resolving it. Speaking of navigating legal matters, I came across an article that provides tips for choosing the right whistleblower lawyer https://www.natlawreview.com/article/here-are-4-things-consider-when-looking-whistleblower-lawyer/. It might be worth exploring your options and seeking guidance from a professional who can help you navigate this tricky situation.
The Forum post is edited by Jeremy Blake Feb 21