We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mass mailing not working [Answered. Reply needed] | Forum

Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Mar 18 '13
I do not have a lot of members on my site atm, I tried to mass mail everyone tho, admins included... it says the emails have been sent but in fact no one got it ... what's wrong?
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 19 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Is cron configured correctly?
Ensure that your site email is not marked as spam.
Are you using smtp?
Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Mar 27 '13
I'm not using smtp. For the rest I'll have to have a look and i'll come back to you.
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Mar 27 '13

i had same problem but after i configured STMP it started sending emails

you should config STMP

Stuart Neilson
I thought I did , today , but it's not working still...
Stuart Neilson
Ok how am i suppose to configure SMTP?

Maybe it's just me doing it wrong... 

Should I enable that thing that says '' do not enable if you dont know what you are doing''?

Where am I suppose to get the Host and port to put there? (just to make sure i've got the right thing)

Username, what do I need to put there?

Password, which one?

Secure connection, leave it OFF or put it on SSL or TLS?

Just wanna make sure everything I put there is right!

Thanks!

Alia Team
Alia Mar 28 '13
Myriam, if you have gmail account, try setting gmail's SMTP.
Their info is listed here: http://support.google.com/mail/answer/13287?hl=en .

1. Enable SMTP ( check the checkbox)
2.Host: smtp.gmail.com, Port: 465
3. Username: your gmail email (ex:  example@gmail.com)
4. Password: password to your gmail's email.
5. Secure connection: SSL ( use TLS if you have specified port 587 under point #2).

Test the connection once you are done setting it up.

Try sending  mass mailing.

Stuart Neilson
Stuart Neilson Mar 28 '13
Aliia , I did the exact same thing but with my email account on my host website, and it's not working. If I do it with my google account I guess Ill mass mail and people will receive mails showing my google email, is that right?
Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Myriam, if you did  the same steps with your email account on your host, and it didn't work, then this means that something is wrong with your host ( mail server).

To make sure that it is not our (Oxwall) bug you can test with gmail, and if things start working with gmail SMTP, then it is 100% your mail server's issue.

Before you start testing, go to your database>>find "ow_base_mail" table and clear it.
This will delete all emails that are "to be sent" but were not sent yet because of wrong SMTP configurations. Once you clean the list. Set gmail SMTP. Test with one user ( your own test user).

Yes, this user will receive the email from your google email. Since this is just a test and you will do this only with your own test user, I don't think that it will be an issue.

Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Please note that if SMTP is enabled mass mailing is sent by CRON.
So make sure that CRON is set as well.
Shariq Afroz
Shariq Afroz Apr 22 '14
I am using bluehost hosting and it is not allowing to add gmail SMTP ,, i get error.. what can i do,,

I have set up a bluehost email but with that i am unable to send mass emails to my users, although email notifications are working

ross Team
ross Apr 22 '14
Why don't you just use Cron instead of SMTP? Has your cron been properly configured?
Dedi Galih
Dedi Galih Nov 22 '17
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing. 1. Jasa SEO 2. Google SEO 3. Pembuatan Website 4. Google Adwords 5. SEO 6. Website 7. Sewa Villa di Puncak 8. Villa di Puncak Jasa SEO Google Adwords Pembuatan Website