We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

recommend a good pottery studio | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alexis
Alexis Mar 21
Greetings, fellow creators! I’ve always been fascinated by the art of pottery, especially wheel throwing. It seems like such a mindful and expressive form of art. I'm located in Los Angeles and am looking for a place that offers classes for complete beginners like myself. I’m keen to learn the basics of shaping clay on the wheel but have no previous experience. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might start this journey?
Olov
Olov Mar 21

Hey there! I totally get your interest in wheel throwing; it's indeed a very rewarding and therapeutic activity. If you're in Los Angeles, I'd recommend checking out Pottery Studio 1 https://www.pottery-la.com/wheel-throwing-los-angeles. They offer one-time wheel throwing classes that are perfect for beginners, with no long-term commitment required. You'll get to experience the entire process, from shaping the clay on the wheel to creating your own piece of art, all under the guidance of experienced instructors. Plus, they provide all the necessary materials, including clay, tools, and even firing for your creation. It’s a great way to dip your toes into pottery without any pressure. Classes are available at various times throughout the day, making it easy to fit into your schedule. For more details and to book a class, you might want to visit their website. It could be the perfect place to start your pottery journey!