We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Existing CSS Styles (read only) [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jon sorrels
jon sorrels Mar 19 '13
I am wondering how I would go about editing the css file in the admin section under edit theme.  if anyone can help that would be great!
Thanks in advance!
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 20 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 19 '13
Jon, for example, font color of my menu is- blue ( +pink on mouse hover). And I would like to change the blue color to green.

I go to admin panel>>edit theme>> css and find the code that is responsible for the blue color of my menu items:

.ow_main_menu li a {

color: #00AEEC;

I copy and paste this code into the "Edit CSS" block, and replace the blue color to green one (#00a02a)

.ow_main_menu li a {
    color: #00a02a;
}

Then, I save made changes:

Result:

jon sorrels
jon sorrels Mar 20 '13
I tried this and it worked but then I tried to change some thing else and it changed back on its own
jon sorrels
jon sorrels Mar 20 '13
Thanks! I got it to work! This is a question so I leave all changes in the box below in the edit box and only delete if I want to change back to original? or if I want to be permanent I can open the css file like from ftp and edit there to make permanent?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 21 '13
Jon, you are right.

If you put css into the "Edit CSS" block, then whatever you added there will rewrite original css styles.

So if you would like to get to the default css styles, just erase everything from this block.

You can also edit css via FTP. But I don't recommend doing so.
Here is why. If you do changes via admin panel, and then you update the software/plugins- then all your new css styles will be saved.

If you do changes to the original files via FTP, then once you update the software/plugins all changes will be erased.

Hope that this helps.
jon sorrels
jon sorrels Mar 21 '13
Thank you!  This helped me out a lot! And thanks for the tid bit about changing the code in ftp I think I will stick with the admin panel!
falancas
falancas Jan 31 '15
Hi,
Did not work for me.

I want to delete

text-transform:uppercase;

Help me please!
ross Team
ross Feb 1 '15
Try text-transform: none; or text-transform: none!Important