We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Country list [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michal Nowak
Michal Nowak Mar 20 '13
I've noticed during the translation that in the BASE section are names of many countries, i.e.

Zimbabwe{text key='base+geolocation_country_name_ZWE'}
Where are they used and what for?
Could they be used for
specifying the names of the countries during registration/signing up process of members?

Best regards, Mike.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 22 '13
Michal Nowak, this list of countries belongs to "Advertisement" plugin.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Allia,

But these entries are not part of advt plugin. These are added to the core during installation.
Michal Nowak
Michal Nowak Mar 22 '13
Thanks for your answer.
Do have any ideas? Can they be used for any useful purpose?
The Forum post is edited by Michal Nowak Mar 22 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes, but it depends on what purpose you wanted it to be used, sir.
Michal Nowak
Michal Nowak Mar 24 '13
Well, I'd like to use it for setting up a profile question for all registering users.
I'd wish to add a single choice, dropdown question, such like: "What is your country of origin?".
AS far as I know there are many oxwall's users who would be interseted in such type of a question.
The Forum post is edited by Michal Nowak Mar 24 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thats not the easiest one to be done in Oxwall. Oxwall core is not still suitable for that.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 24 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam, yes I have noticed that too and  reported to developers. They will move it out from base within one of the next builds.
Alia Team
Alia Mar 24 '13
Michal, currently you can't enter more then 31 values into "list" type of fields. Explanation why this happens this way can be found here : http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/379.

We are planning to change this in future, since we understand that having the full list of countries is important.
Michal Nowak
Michal Nowak Mar 25 '13
Thanks for your time. I hope that the Oxwall team will be able to manage with this task.
The Forum post is edited by Michal Nowak Mar 25 '13