We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Captcha doesn't stop fake profiles | Forum

Haunty
Haunty Mar 20 '13
I was getting 2-3 fake profiles per day just a couple days after the site was created.

Has anyone successfully implemented an alternative like areyouahuman?
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Mar 20 '13
It would be nice to have some capcha alternatives 
Haunty
Haunty Mar 20 '13
By the way, I did disable required avatar upload on sign-in. I set it back to required to see if that makes a difference.
Haunty
Haunty Mar 21 '13
Awesome, I was just thinking it would be nice to have something like that. Requiring avatar upload on sign-in seems to have helped on my site, but if I get any new spammers I'll for sure be interested in that plug-in.

Quote from Paul Cuffe I have a new plugin to help stop spammers on join page, you setup a question on the profile join page, tell the plugin what question to use and you can setup if people need to leave the field blank or enter a fixed word (Safe word) to show they are human ie:

Are you a spammer? (please put NO) 

on user registering it will check the answer given and if not the "safe word" or if you setup to be blank, it will take what action you tell it to do, suspend profile, delete ect

it hopefully will be live on store within a few days, or if you want I can send you a copy privately via PM ($5)