We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Java not working when using a subfolder [Solved via re-installation] | Forum

Niels
Niels Mar 22 '13
Hi, I have been using Oxwall for some time now. Yesterday I did a fresh install with version 1.5.1 in a subfolder. (I was working with 1.4-versions before.) I noticed that none of the javascript-buttons are working. So I could not select languages, edit the forum et cetera: the buttons that are supposed to get visible when mouse-over stay invisible. When doing the same install in the root of a domain everything works well.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!!
The Forum post is edited by Alia Mar 25 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
That should be a prolbem with your installation. Please check if you have ow_static folder intact and have 0777 access to its content.
Niels
Niels Mar 22 '13
Ow-static is intact (uploaded it again), took ownership of all content and gave all content access 777. No difference, still not working.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you share any screenshot or the site url?
Niels
Niels Mar 23 '13
Site URL http://www.doif.org/ivjmforum

Screenshot is attached. Unfortunality, de mousecursor isn't visible on the screenshot, but the buttons "edit" and "delete" are supposed to show up.

Attachments:
  ivjm_oxwall.jpg (208.45Kb)
Niels
Niels Mar 23 '13
Well, I did a new install on a different hosting-account (at the same provider), also in a subfolder of the domain. Now it's working good... I don't know what caused the problem in the other install but since it's OK now, I also do believe it was a problem in that specific installation.

I must say, 1.5.1 looks very good! Like the new admin-interface, big improvement!