We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The Oxwall-Everywhere Challenge | Forum

Hans van Aardt
Hans van Aardt Mar 23 '13
Hi all,

I am new to Oxwall and really find the software amazing!  It is also easy to see that the development team is under great pressure.  If we want Oxwall to become the best social community building software on the planet we 

need to all help!  This post is a call for you not only to ask but also to give - this is a community driven project so let's all throw our weight behind the project.  If all of us just give a little (and it does not have to be money) it will make a massive difference.

What can you do?

Donate:

I just donated $ 50 using paypal - so this is the first thing we can consider doing.  If you can donate please do it here: http://blog.oxwall.org/2013/02/donate-to-oxwall-development

Marketing:

Most of us cannot donate money all the time but we can all help spread the word about this wonderful software.  Over the next ten years Oxwall will either grow very big or wither away.  The more people you tell about Oxwall the more vibrant and exciting the community will become and the more people (like myself and many others) will donate time, money and ideas.

The Oxwall-everywhere challenge:

I believe only a small number of us can/will donate money (If you can please do it takes a few minutes of your time) but all of us can market Oxwall.  This challenge is to take the initiative into your own hands and market Oxwall somewhere.  Once you have done this post your activity here to inspire other members to do something similar.

Just to get your brain ticking you can post it on Twitter, Facebook, send an e-mail to your friends, log it on a website as a referral or anything you can think of (just not spam please).

Your feedback here is important because others will be activated by you doing something!

Good luck!

Hans van Aardt

Pretoria, South Africa

PS!  If the Oxwall Team reads this can I suggest that you create a permanent section on the Forum called Community Activity.  It must have a sticky section where the importance of community contribution is made clear and people are encouraged to contribute time, money, marketing etc.

Hans van Aardt
Hans van Aardt Mar 23 '13
I took up the challenge and posted the following message onto my twitter account.

If you ever want to build your own social community like Facebook - I use free software from Oxwall at  - it rocks! 

You can check it out @caspianstrider .

Purusothaman Ramanujam
+1

I have been stressing on this for many months with Emil. I was informed that they will take collaborative code contribution platform after 1.5 but I am still waiting even after several months.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
And also a public bug/feature request system.. and not that openvoices.
Emil Team
Emil Mar 29 '13
Hans,

Thank you for your initiative! It's active users like you make the difference in community adoption. Oxwall desperately needs it at this point. We have directed all our resources to product development, and frankly, haven't done a lot to promote Oxwall yet.

What about making a guest post on our blog so more people could hear you? PM me if you are interested.

--

Purusothaman,

You are right, I promised you that we would have made the public repo, and that's what we plan to do. We are starting Oxwall 1.5.2 public beta testing next week. After this release, somebody will get down to opening the repository and organizing public requests processing.