We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

BUG REPORTS - Oxwall Art Advanced SEO | Forum

Sardar
Sardar Oct 21 '14
Hi Vladimir,

There were several issues with that form that's why I decided to remove it:

1) it's impossible to get final meta info for the pages in admin panel, i.e. in admin panel you can see site default ones and on the page it can be others (for example overridden by some plugin)

2) the same problem with meta vars, they are available only on the original page

Currently I don't see tech solution for these issues. Is it inconvenient to use the form on the page?

Omari
Omari Oct 22 '14
for example i want to edit meta for http://mysite.com/sign-in as this is the first page of my website....can't do that. for me its necessary I even allowed it in robots file so its currently being indexed by search engines.

I had no problems with the previous version
Sardar
Sardar Oct 23 '14
Hi,

OK, next update I'll get this feature back. Need to resolve the problems I mentioned above.

MsBree
MsBree Nov 2 '14
I really love what this plugin is capable of doing, but I'm a bit confused why a blog url (SEO friendly) has been transposed from http://www.mysite.com/blogs/are-boxers-best-dogs-kids to http://www.mysite.com/blogs/post/4 AND the latter url is the one that has been indexed in Google, not the first one, the SEO friendly one!  This was the only reason I purchased this plugin, so that SEO friendly URL's would be indexed!

Please help!!!! 
Sardar
Sardar Nov 3 '14
Hi MsBree,

I didn't get if you currently have friendly URLs or not. It's impossible to control search engine indexing bots, they can visit your site anytime. Maybe they indexed your pages before you installed the plugin, that's why there are some unfriendly ones.

MsBree
MsBree Nov 3 '14
Sadar, thank you for replying!  I purchased, installed and configured the plugin several days ago, last week Wednesday! 

The new blog post was added yesterday afternoon, and you can see the friendly URL when you put your mouse over its Title:  http://bit.ly/1wWzAl3

When you click to view the entire blog post, you will see the URL in the address bar change to the non-friendly URL, which is the one Google indexed.

In the plugin settings, I have repeatedly UNticked "Old slug redirect" under the "Slug" section and saved to test, but it keeps reverting back to this box being ticked. 

Also, I have "Canonical redirect" and "Canonical REL attribute" ticked off under the "General" settings, and not sure if this is why the friendly URL is being reverted to the non-friendly URL when clicking the blog post.

I thought the whole purpose of this plugin was to keep the friendly URL for SEO, which I'm very big on, and the reason I purchased the plugin.  Is there a bug somewhere or what can I do on my end to prevent the friendly url from reverting to the redirected non-friendly url?

Thank you so much!

Indra
Indra Nov 7 '14
I already buy this site, but I think not really work on google cause when I search on google my website can't index by google, can you help me how to make this plugin running well
MsBree
MsBree Nov 7 '14
Hello Sadar,

Any word on whether this is a bug or perhaps I have something incorrect in the settings?
thank you so much, and I look forward to your reply!

Quote from MsBree Sadar, thank you for replying!  I purchased, installed and configured the plugin several days ago, last week Wednesday! 

The new blog post was added yesterday afternoon, and you can see the friendly URL when you put your mouse over its Title:  http://bit.ly/1wWzAl3

When you click to view the entire blog post, you will see the URL in the address bar change to the non-friendly URL, which is the one Google indexed.

In the plugin settings, I have repeatedly UNticked "Old slug redirect" under the "Slug" section and saved to test, but it keeps reverting back to this box being ticked. 

Also, I have "Canonical redirect" and "Canonical REL attribute" ticked off under the "General" settings, and not sure if this is why the friendly URL is being reverted to the non-friendly URL when clicking the blog post.

I thought the whole purpose of this plugin was to keep the friendly URL for SEO, which I'm very big on, and the reason I purchased the plugin.  Is there a bug somewhere or what can I do on my end to prevent the friendly url from reverting to the redirected non-friendly url?

Thank you so much!

Sardar
Sardar Nov 8 '14
Hi MsBree,

Sorry for keeping silence, somehow I overlooked the notification on your reply. Currently I can't say what's the reason, but as you told it may be conflict between slugs and canonical redirect features (my fault). I'll add priorities in redirect function in the next update. If it's possible can you please provide your site FTP details via PM. I'll check and fix the problem right on your host ASAP.

Hi Indra,

Did you check your sitemap.xml file and if the "Ping Search Engines" setting in admin panel is turned on? After sitemap generation this option should notify google that your site is ready for indexing.

MsBree
MsBree Nov 8 '14

Quote from Sardar Hi MsBree,

Sorry for keeping silence, somehow I overlooked the notification on your reply. Currently I can't say what's the reason, but as you told it may be conflict between slugs and canonical redirect features (my fault). I'll add priorities in redirect function in the next update. If it's possible can you please provide your site FTP details via PM. I'll check and fix the problem right on your host ASAP.

Hello Sardar!  FTP details just PM'd to you!  Thank you very much!
MsBree
MsBree Nov 8 '14

Quote from MsBree
Quote from Sardar Hi MsBree,

Hello Sardar!  FTP details just PM'd to you!  Thank you very much!
Sadar, I have just PM'd you the admin login as well so that you can reactivate/deactivate the plugin while you are troubleshooting both bugs.  Hope to have both of these issues resolved soon!  Thank you very much!
The Forum post is edited by MsBree Nov 8 '14
Jimmy
Jimmy Nov 13 '14
Hello since the update, I have two problems with the plugin load more messages, and newfeedtrend plugin is a 500 error when opening the site

Does someone could help me?
thank you
Jimmy
Sardar
Sardar Nov 13 '14
Hi Jimmy,

Please send me your site FTP details via PM. I'll check everything and fix right on your site.

The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Dec 15 '14
I don't see the page tabs as shown on screenshot to change settings for pages such as join and sign-in
The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Dec 17 '14
{$siteName} doesn't display sitename on facebook it shows {$siteName}
Sardar
Sardar Dec 18 '14
Hi The Chauffeur,

I removed "page tabs" in previous version, but with the next update it will be back. Concerning bug with the {$siteName}, I'll check it and get back to you ASAP. 

The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Jan 17 '15

{sitename} {username} etc don't work on facebook google+ etc they show as {sitename} {username} etc

Sardar
Sardar Jan 21 '15
Hi,

Sorry for keeping silence, the fix will be available with the next update. It is planned in 1-2 weeks. Thanks for you patience! 

Ebru
Ebru Jan 22 '15
Hi,

You mention that you removed the "page tabs". What is the alternative? Now, there is no option of changing pages , so that i can put my meta tags for different pages of website.There is option of putting Meta tags for only one page. How can it be done?

Sardar
Sardar Mar 3 '15
Hi Brian,

Concerning the problems you mentioned: 

"- Hint (plugin) the groups and events (users was never affected) no longer opened the pop-up by "mouse-over"" - it's the compatibility issue, I've already contacted "User Hint" plugin developer and he'll resolve the problem with the next update;

"the site speed DRAMATICALLY slowed down" - this one is the problem of SEO plugin, it is resolved and will be released soon. If you need it to be resolved ASAP please provide your FTP details via PM. I'll fix it right on your site. 

Thanks for your reports!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic