We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to fix messy profile? [Bug within third party plugin] | Forum

ben
ben Mar 25 '13
how to fix users messy profile? overlap writing and not be in the proper column.
The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 3 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 26 '13
Ben, does this happen to all profiles? Or only to one particular profile ?

Which theme are you using? Do you have any custom html widgets on "My Profile" page?
ben
ben Mar 26 '13
No, some users with messy profile and some fine. i use my beloved recommended template macabre

Im not using custom html wigdet. Only messy when you arrange user profile not default place, Ex: the wall on left profile detail on right. I just put google map plugins on users profile and became meesy before that is not messy and now i rearrange my user profile make profile detail more wide as default and it's back normal.

I love the flexibility rearrange my user profile but now i can't.

and one more google map plugins if you make available for search make search return to no result. Can't search for member
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 26 '13
Certain profile elements such as Groups won't let me change their order however much I try. Especially in the left-hand-hand side of the profile. I have even moved all the other boxes out of the side menu altogether and the Groups box still won't change position. Defo a bug.
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 26 '13
P.S  - Messy Profile. Is the overlapping problem happening in all browsers?

Looks like a typical Internet Explorer bug to me.
ben
ben Mar 29 '13
messy in all browser and i try to change to other oxwall template and cut off,,,

Quote from DavidZenry Certain profile elements such as Groups won't let me change their order however much I try. Especially in the left-hand-hand side of the profile. I have even moved all the other boxes out of the side menu altogether and the Groups box still won't change position. Defo a bug.

i can arrange group profile without any problem
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
>>No, some users with messy profile and some fine. i use my beloved recommended template macabre

I have tested in this theme. And no matter where I put my widgets design was ok.

Try disabling google maps plugin, and rearranging profile once more.

If the issue will still be there even without this plugin, send a screen shot of the whole messed up page.

ben
ben Apr 2 '13
deactivate google map and not messy. google map plugins make user profile messed up (only if you arrange profile to not default).

how to activate google map plugin without making user profile messed up, can i change the size only on user profile or putting google map plugin on another column
The Forum post is edited by ben Apr 2 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Ben, regarding questions about google maps plugin, you will need to contact plugin developer.
ben
ben Apr 4 '13
Thank you Allia,
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
So, if you find yourself stranded on the side of the road with a broken down industrial vehicle, don’t hesitate to give us a call. San Bernardino Onsite Truck Repair